What trick did you land today?

:smiley:

Bottom cup ken flip

Down spike

Getting consistent at landing earth turn is so hard. Of course I thought a normal spike use to be super hard so I’m sure I’ll get it eventually. I’ve only been kendamaing (?maybe?) for 4 days ;D

After 2 months of getting my first kendama, here’s some stuff i learnt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR4fKqFPrE8

And another shorter edit for Instagram

Awesome video man. What kendama are you using?

How!!! I’ve been doing it for like 6 months and I can’t do lighthouse…

Mugen musou, sparkling green and snow gold.
Glad you guys enjoyed it!
I promise a better edit once i have better tools.

@ J Singh 2K,
there’s a very old Japanese tip on learning Lighthouse.

• Start by just placing the ken on the tama and move your arms around gently in a circle (you’ll offset the balance, and naturally you’ll try to regain it).
  • When comfortable, lift the ken up (at the spike tip) about 1cm from the tama and drop it back on the tama, and do your best to gain control.
  • When you get more comfortable, incrementally lift the ken higher until you feel confident.
1 Like

Going have to give this ago! I’ve being struggling with Lighthouses, can rarely get them.

Dunno if i can post stuff i’ve done on my Pill today but i assume i can ^-^
Got this… http://instagram.com/p/h1gjgiM5Z7/
“A finger touchy string thing flippidy knock underflip catch” is what i’m calling it :wink: haha
Can’t put this thing down though 0_0 so addicting and fun!

Sweet! Thanks for the tip.

Around the world (once)
Airplain (three time)

Just landed:

Lighthouse (2 secs) to falling down to a 360 upside-down spike. Today was a day.

I can’t land airplane help???

Try making the motion more “jerky.” Like a really sudden and fast pull to flip the ken.
I landed around the world!

I landed my first lunar!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Well I just got my first kendama yesterday (a gold stain Sweets) and so far I’ve gotten my spike, big cup, little cup, bottom cup and airplane down. I’ve gotten jumping stick 3 times by some measure of chance. The only thing I seem to be struggling with is whenever I have the tama on one of the cups, I can’t seem to spike it, any help?

I had ordered a kendama but sadly didn’t come today. I sure hope it comes tomorrow.

Dude, I had an English teacher who no one liked named Ms. Hayden. Guess what we called her?

Sometimes you have to impart a little spin on the tama to rotate the hole to a position where you can spike it. It’s just a matter of practice. It also helps if you already have the tama in the cup in such a way that you’re already set up to make spiking it easier.

Last night I landed 7 earth turns in a row, then a few minutes later I landed 5 in a row, which felt pretty good. Later I was trying to do another earth turn, and actually accidentally landed a bird, not even looking at it, then finished it and everything. I had been trying to do that for so long, then I just did it by accident. I almost screamed out of excitement.

Wow I totally missed that this is a thread about landing Kendama tricks and not yoyo tricks. Recently I’ve been practicing hitting bird consistently, and working on getting around the USA more consistent as well. Can’t for the life of me land a Lunar though.