What trick did you land today?

I hit three double earth turns in a row with a stringless setup the other day. I exploded in celebratory madness. :slight_smile:

yo. Earth turns are mad easy. But double earth turns make my head spin…

Eh, I got doubles on lock. Triples are another thing.

It doesn’t feel real until I can do it on purpose. Right now it is just a result of missing the hole in the tama. I’m sure you’ll be hitting them on purpose way before me!

I wish you had been filming. That would have been epic! I played stringless for the first time the other day and it was fun, but I got tired of chasing the tama.

I play alot at work inbetween busy times and sometimes to show people what that “thing” is im always fiddlin with. So im not usually thinking about filming cause the sesh’s range are usually quick bursts of attempts of something. I wish i had a chest cam for several reasons, that would have been a perfect time to have had one. (I know i scared a customer with my outcry!) Then was asked if it had magnets in it. That question made me feel good. :slight_smile:

Haha! Nice.

You inspired me, so here is a vid I just got of a triple to triple to quad earthturns consecutively!

My celebration was a loudly whispered “YES!”  :stuck_out_tongue:

dude! Real nice! I need to bust out my GoPro. First I have to find it.

Had the day off today so I decided to jam a little. Working on a line that I couldn’t grind out cause my battery died so I’ll get back to finishing it. Here’s how it goes so far.

That’s so good. How do you even lunar? Doesn’t the string spin the ken? I can never get it to be at the right angle to land a lunar.

its just pulling the Ken up at the proper angle. You can do a straight pull up to lunar. For turn to lunar, you gotta swing the Ken and pull the tama so it whips the Ken. So, for 1-turn lunars. You spin the Ken as it swings, once it gets slightly pass its lowest point(different for everyone), pull the tama back towards you(once again, different for everyone). This will make the Ken flip. Watch the Ken as it flips around and spot landing. Cushion the impact and bend knees to help for a soft landing. Then the rest is up to you.

Thanks! I want to get a GoPro at some point. Right now I’m just using my cell phone.

Killer combo that is going to be btw, especially with that starting lunar!

Me too. Sucks though cause I have no space and it keeps cutting out in the middle of filming.

Yo! Just laced a 1-turn handle tap to lh!! So stoked!!

Lighthouse for the Very First Time! Whoo Hoo!

Around Japan three times. Nobody was more surprised than me that I spiked it.

Lighthouse, flip the ken 180 degrees to a spike!

Got it twice in a row.

To “fall in” from lighthouse is really hard! ive only pulled that off once. :smiley: good job!

I’m not sure how much was skill and how much was luck. :wink: It’s strange, but with Kendama it seems like there’s a lot more “getting the feel” of a trick than yoyo. I’m not sure I’m saying that very well, but Kendama feels like 2A yoyoing to me in that when tricks start working I’m not sure what I’m doing differently, it just starts working. I just seem to feel different when the trick works so I try to duplicate that feel.

you are 100% correct. Yoyoing feels more mechanical. Kendama will grow with you as you play. You’re muscle memory, technique, as well as your eyes will slowly adjust in progression. I sucked at “in’s” and down spikes. Couldn’t for the life of me get it. Little by little it got better and now downspikes are my favorite play style.
https://instagram.com/p/BFkkqpdzdGd/

Keep up the progression Greg. Start filming so we can see you progression!

Been busy with work lately(60+ hour work week) so haven’t had much time to jam. Here’s today’s lace.
https://instagram.com/p/BFm51UbTdE3/