Pankratz Customs Anodizing

Draupnir is 7075 body and steel rims

1 Like

Shoot, really? Time to edit my post…

So it’s confirmed?

Looking nice England. :slight_smile:

Huge update!

Is it just me who cannot see any photos in the last 3 pages?

They’re on the first page homie.

ooohhh…
That’s a neat idea. Keep the pictures on the first page and let the comments be on the later pages. Kudos

Would you be able to do a raw Draupnir? Im thinking I would get it custom anoed if I can only find the raw version =). The rims have been confirmed to be steel so idk if that is the same or reacts diff than alu.

Thanks

No. The steel will dissolve and your throw is trash.

But seriously, does steel act the same, give the same color, do everything the same as aluminum? I dont think I have seen a custom Draupnir before that is why Im wondering =).

No, the steel will actually get ruined by the ano process. MiamiBuddha wasn’t kidding.

Once the ring is fitted, it’s not meant to be taken off and probably can’t be taken off without ruining the yoyo. So a custom would only be done if you could get an unassembled on and could sent the aluminum part off. I don’t see YYR putting an unassembled Draupnir into anyone’s hands.

Seriously, the steel will dissolve and your throw is trash.

Oh okay, I thought he was being sarcastic hahaha. Thats why I havent seen a custom anoed one then/…

What about powdercoating? Would that work?

MB would be the one to ask about this. I was thinking also maybe electroplating, but I’m pretty sure it would be very complicated to get a symmetrical plating.

Two New anodizes! Two more coming today

Just realized I have the “hulk” DNA you made for noonar, the half purple/half green one. I was told it was custom anno, didnt know by who though.

Got my Nomad back from him today. Very happy with the results.

I have a pile of parts I’d love to have anodized if you’re up for it. Non yoyo, but all aluminum. Mix of 6061 and 7075.

Not very happy with this.
Ano is just coming out like crazy.