YYF Ricochet

I have #208 Blue

First impressions from a extreme noob are good. Ill give you all an idea of where I’m at in throwing. Finished all intermediate tricks except ripcord last week with a DM 2 using standard bearing. Switched to speed bearing after few hours of frustration with ripcord and have been steadily learning different binds over the past few days. I completed the matrix pretty quickly but not smooth and fast. So that’s where I’m at in level.

I can compare it to the DM 2 and a new chief (just got chief too so…).

The feel of the smaller throw is great for my larger hand. There is something about how it feels in your hand that is indescribable. It’s almost as if its part of your hand, solid, weight is perfect, and overall shape is good. The spin is great and the bearing helps the string stay in the middle. It’s worlds apart from the DM2 and the binds seem more snappy out of the box.

It’s not as loud as the DM2 but louder than the chief. I really like my first impressions of the chief but there is a completely different feeling when throwing it compared to the Ricochet. It’s like the chief feels light and distant in some way where the Ricochet feels like its connected to your hand and heavier but doesn’t play heavy.

Well it’s my first review and only first impressions but for the price I say if you can afford it, buy it! Can’t wait to compare it to other TI throws in the future.