Werrd Hour Review

Introduction
Hello everyone. This is my second review. My goal is to keep my reviews as technical as possible while staying somewhat concise. I apologize for this being a bit overdue. I couldn’t find a whole lot of information on this yoyo, but after trying one at SoCal for a brief period, while also considering the price, I decided to pull the trigger. The only review I found was this:

While his warnings of short spin times are incorrect to an extent, there is some truth in his words (only a little).

Specifications
Diameter: 59.90 mm / 2.35 inches
Width: 40.80 mm / 1.60 inches
Gap Width 4.45 mm / .17 inches
Weight: 66.7 grams
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
Center Trac Bearing
Response: 19mm Slim Pad
Axle Size: M4 Axle - 10mm
Material: 7075 Aluminum

Design
The Werrd Hour is super cheap considering it is only $70 and is made of 7075 aluminum. It is almost 60mm, but is still comfortable in the hand with its somewhat rounded rims and catch zone that fits your middle finger perfectly. It has a gap that is a little larger than average, but special binds are still easy. It is pretty narrow, at about 41mm, making it great for tech but not quite as good at body orbits and less technical hops. It has a standard weight at 66.7 grams, making it fast and agile but still stable. Its standard guts make replacement parts easy to find. It has a hybrid v/h shape, leading to good horizontal, average rejections, and bad regens. It has a shallow IRG and a small spike.

Aesthetics
Mine is red with silver splash. It catches light well, the soda blast shining under a light, especially on the silver. The laser etching is very complex and cool looking. It is supposed to be a clock. The spike and little lip by the rim make prevent the laser etching from attracting all of the attention. When it is spinning, the laser etching blends together and forms a sort of shifting ring. The body of the yoyo becomes red with shifting flecks of silver.

Performance
This yoyo plays wonderfully. It is smooth with zero vibe on the fingernail test. I’d say it is dead-butter-glass smooth. It is very stable. The fact that it has so much rim weights makes in difficult to tilt it. It is fast, but not super fast. It can’t be pushed like a Phenom. The won’t get in the way unless you are doing super complicated Paul Dang chopsticks. The width helps this, allowing it to move to and from complicated string segments. It is outstanding for tech, but the width hurts simpler stage tricks (Eli Hops, Boing E Boing, etc.). It definitely has float. It is by no means “like a Peak”, but it has enough float that it helps with technical hop tricks. The soda blast allows it to grind well, it just hangs on your finger. Thumb grinds are a little wonky because of the shallow IRG, but can be done if you catch the yoyo at a tilt. The spike is a little small for optimal matidor, but it is still possible. It is nimble enough that you can get it where you want it to be easily, but is no Wooly Marmot. Rejections require a little more movement for them to work, but are by no means bad on this yoyo. Due to the low wall and v shape, this yoyo is great at horizontal. I’d put it up there with my Puffin and most other v shapes, but not on the realm of Yeah 3’s and Sleipnirs. Suicide loops stay open on this yoyo well. All of this, for only $70.

The Bad
First of all, it has weak regens. While I would normally forgive this, I won’t this time because of its second flaw, below average spin times for what it is. This is a heavily rim weighted 7075 throw. It has good spin times compared to 6061 throws, especially balanced ones. This has below average spin times when you compare it to other throws of its kind (most of which are over twice its price). This isn’t a huge deal, I still love mine, but it prevents it from being an epic competition throw on the level of YYRs. Not a huge deal when you factor in its price.

Conclusion
Get a Werrd Hour. While I wouldn’t pay $150 plus for it, it is one of the best, if not the best, throw in its price range. They were $60 here, but are currently sold out. The place where I got mine has quite a few left for $70. PM me if you want the link to the store. I’ll edit in pics later. Good bye everyone!

Edit 1- Expect a review on the Hazmat in the next few weeks.
Edit 2- http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/10/y2udyne3.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/10/saretude.jpg

2 Likes

Interesting review…in a good way. It was very informative. Can not wait for your Hazmat review:)

Thank you for this excellent review. I wish you had a jp irony you could review too!

Another great review! And never rush on reviews man! We are all busy, and I would personally rather a good review that takes a little longer than a quick, but bad one.

I’m not busy, just lazy. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the kind words 8)

Not kind, truthful. If it was a lemon throw, I would be sure to say it. Thankfully it is nowhere near being a lemon throw. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d like to buy it and try to play with hour, but i ask to you if the yoyo in the yoyoexpert store is the last model of yoyo? Because the review is old and i don’t know if the yoyo in the store are the last model. Thanks and sorry for the english :slight_smile:

It’s an old yoyo, yes. The last production run was in 2013 or 2014 i believe. It’s still avaliable in some stores