kendama kraze?

I ended up just ordering a glossy marble sweets with the aisuru finish

can’t wait for it :slight_smile:

Hoping it will break in nice and not be too hard for stalls, but not as easy as a matte marble

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/2255/screenshot20130320at146.png

Very nice choice.

1 Like

I’m bidding on one on eBay. I’m a patient learner. I doubt I’ll be trying lunars anytime before I’ve beat up a few damas. My tribute is all kinds of dented already. Maybe I’ll be able to wear in the tk16 enough for balance tricks.

Edit: besides, I like what the tk16 represents in terms of traditional design. I dig stuff like that.

Sweets has beautiful paint jobs. This is lovely.

1 Like

Ozora is the best!! I have every kendama and ozora is seriously the best. Plus its JKA certified, it’s super legit. Sweets and kendamausa are great as well but when you hit that lunar on jka paint it feels pretty boss.

Is it a specific kind of paint that all the JKA approved brands use, or is it just an approved paint that Ozora uses?

Honestly not sure. Its slick a glossy and pretty chip resistant, unlike my shin-fuji which is not that glossy and chips super easy but is also jka certified. Another thing “slick” and “tack” can only be relative to which ken you’re using and how the wood reacts to the paint. (I.e my ozora ken is tackier on every tama I’ve tried whereas a shin-fuji ken makes everything more slick)

I was just wondering today about how much the ken effects grip.

I think how much the cups are “broken in” makes a huge difference. The 2 kendamas I play the most have very dented (not the most elegant way to describe it) base cups. That in combination with a dented up tama makes balancing easier.

I have been beating up on my Grip (Modded Ozora) today, and I am able to nail my balance tricks on it now. I can only imagine how well a kendama must play after many months of use.

I’m wondering about wear and performance as well. The collector in me wants to buy kendamas like yoyos but I think I will stop at two, maybe three :), and practice a minimalist approach in order to get the most from them.

Right now, I can hold a rickety lighthouse for a few seconds. I know lunars could be done on this Tribute but my skills won’t allow that for a while, I suspect. I’m focusing on basic cup tricks and spikes hoping that when I’m ready to focus on balance tricks, the toy will be ready, too.

I just bought a red and blue stripe kendama from kendama usa here now on the web site. Cant wait for it to get here

@ Waylon:

Minimal approach with two kendamas? Isn’t that, sort of, kind of, how a yoyo collection starts? I say, “Waylon, don’t fool yourself. Just go for it!”

Just offering you a little support and a gentle nudge in the proper direction. ::slight_smile:

I read this to my girlfriend. She responds with a knowing smile…

I’ve been waiting for my Steeze since Monday and the guy hasn’t responded to e-mail, FB, or the FB post I left on Steeze Kendama FB page.

Cool customer service bro

That means you have permission! Yeah buddy!! :smiley:

Kendama looks super fun, I’m hoping to get one pretty soon

100!

You haven’t gotten an email or anything with shipping info? I placed on order on wednesday and got a tracking number on thursday.

He responded tonight. He said that all the orders that went out that day say that… he also said he was going to the post office tomorrow so he’d ask.

So either, USPS is being wonky… which it has been very, very wonky this week.
or…
It’s going out tomorrow ;]

Either way, I’m glad he responded. :slight_smile:

Can anyone compare a Steeze and an Oozora?

Ah okay. And just a small correction, I played an order on wednesday at ~1 am, and got an email with the tracking number on wednesday at ~9 pm. 1 email from paypal saying payment was sent, 1 from steeze saying my order was received, and the 3rd email from paypal with the tracking information.

Said tracking information hasn’t been updated since thursday though. So I’m going to guess its a problem with usps.