Your Favorite FHZ Setup - NEW ICY FHZ pg10

[b]This Thread’s purpose will be to discuss and show-off your favorite FHZ’s.

NEW ICY FHZ:

And here’s a little video, showing my rainbow LED.  Both LED’s are in sync and fade slowly through the rainbow. 
www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5U3EKmpFzw0#!cc
Here’s some more Rainbow LED’s in the yellow FHZ with black caps. Unfortunately my camera doesn’t pick up the orange, yellow, blues and purples. But you get the idea.  From the side it looks like some kind of TRON YOYO or something.  Needless to say, I love this yoyo to death  :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE-Ib2I1bvM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CYyJLI-PcE

Now show me your favorite FHZ!

That’s so cool did you have to play around with the LED to sync up like that and only fade through the rainbow colors?

I changed the LEDs :smiley:

I have more LEDs on the way also. Blinking multi-colored ones, blue, red, violet, green, white. Going to be having lots of fun.

Pretty hype to make this setup with a straight up white, green, or blue LED… whichever gives me that really awesome green color

Hey SkyHighYo where did you get the spacers?

This is awesome! Just making sure, is this unresponsive or responsive? No recessed grooves or anything?

Completely unresponsive.

No need for recess grooves or anything. Mod spacers have pad recess… so that eliminates that worry :smiley: This setup allows you to keep your FHZ stock!!! Just switch out the axle, and add the mod spacers and BLAMO you got yourself a B.A. FHZ

I got the Mod Spacers from YYE guys!!! $4.50 a pack! I bought 12 packs!! hahaha. Y’all better hurry up and get some before I make my second swiping.

Also, Pro Z’s come with black/white MOD spacers (not the offstring ones).

Also, I added Silicone to the 4 holes of a Offstring Spacer. It has been curing all afternoon, tomorrow we will see if it works as a response :slight_smile:

Imagine my setup above with Black Mod Spacers instead of clear ones :o Someone sell me Black Mod Spacers from their Pro Z!!

1 Like

The holes probably will work with sili. I’ve done that with my Baldwin and LoveJoy instead of a single Duncan pad on either side.

Awesome man!!! I just figured I would test first.

If they work, that means I then have easy access to BLACK Mod Spacers (even though they are offstring spacers). Only other way to get black mod spacers is to take them from a Pro Z :confused:

Colors that Duncan sells:

Mod Spacers: Clear, Grey, Red
Offstring Spacers: Trans Orange, White, Black

So yeah… only way to get white/black mod spacers is from a Pro Z… UNLESS the 4 offstring holes filled with sili works!

Thanks for the hope!

Welp, I decided to throw them on my FHZ, to see how it looked.

The results are in.

Spacers are sunk further into the offstring spacer, thus making the gap pretty small. Therefore Offstring Spacers probably are not the way to go. Oh well.

I guess Black/White Mod Spacers will only come from Pro Z’s. Anyone wanna sell me their Pro Z? hehe

Anyway… here is what it would have looked like (or will eventually look like, but with a much larger gap…)

Does anyone have a recommended setup for a 5A beginner?

Guys… Hold the phone.

What is this…

2 Likes

Huh, looks kinda Flip-Sidey

Exciting!

It’s a Metal Weight Ring made by Duncan :o

Send me the spacers and 20 bucks and I’ll recess all of them to accept silicone lol

PM’d good sir :slight_smile:

Ahhh… I forgot… the recess for the metal spacer is much deeper than on the Mod Spacer… so using a offstring spacer will result in a very small gap.

I will mess around with various sized spacers and see if I can’t get it to have a nice sized gap with the offstring spacers.

If so, you got $20 coming your way

I can probably do something about that too lol. Shave down a few washers to to fit the well. And I definitely can recess them, it’ll just be a pain to do 12 sets lol. It would really be around 40 or so for 12 pairs.

hehe, I got 6 sets that don’t need mods, and 6 sets of the offstring kit.

Unfortunately, I bought all white Offstring Spacers and 1 set of black. I got all white because I didn’t think I’d ever use them… and figured I could use them as little testers for Dyeing Experiments.

So, right now, I don’t have any that need modding… but in a matter of a couple days that can change completely.

I would buy some packs of black, right now, just to have some black pad recessed mod spacers… but I would prefer to make sure that the pad recess still works well with the placement of the four holes, the washer thing work properly, etc before ordering bulk Offstring Spacers.

Could we maybe work something out… where I could send you one of my white sets and have you do just that, so I can determine if I should go ahead and purchase a bunch of black ones to get modded by you?

Sure, that works.

Would anyone be interested in buying a Set of Slow Rainbow Fade LED’s from me for about ~$6 shipped? Not sure how much a small padded envelope would cost to send, but the LEDs themselves would cost no more than $2 from me.

I can pick up a bunch if anyone wants some… I think they are 100x better than the Random Fast Change LEDs, which do not sync and are seizure enducing.

All you gotta do is pop the caps, take out the LED housing. Pop the batteries out, carefully remove the old LED, then bend the new LED’s into place of the old ones, insert batteries. Voila, instantly sync’d beautiful rainbow fade LED. The cycle on it lasts 34 seconds, as opposed to the 14 second Fast Change (stock).

If nobody cares to get any, that’s cool… I just plan on buying a bunch of different color LEDs anyway, and I figure I could save you guys some shipping.

i have a bunch of cool zeros. here’s a few of my faves:
save deth decals: a few years old. the enyo one was brilliantly schmooved by chris hicks years ago.

molded fhz clone cast out of resin by sonny patrick (of anti-yo). plays great.

fake mg: takeshi recess (plays as good as my real one).

a great looking purple marble dye-job by steve matchett. siliconed. still one of my favorite yo-yo’s ever.

remember the es bionic zeros? … remember es? alas, good times.

‘sword of destiny’ transitional zero with crew caps from worlds 07.

takeshi recess pink zero with bu-ko caps (best caps ever).

takeshi siliconed/painted zero with john higby dinosaur caps. 2 of my favorite people ever.

throw down ringed zero modded by dave poyzer.

my best playing zero, just a random blue/orange silicone job.

not a zero but still cool: my 1st yoyo was a midnight special (technically i traded a brain for it). brandon jackson made me a great ‘midnight special’ fh2 (check out the ‘fh’ in the stars).