Tom Kuhn Appreciation thread

I don’t have any Tom Kuhns and don’t want any, but they are really nice to see sometimes. It makes me think of how yoyo must have been back in the 1970s

2 Likes

You must learn to appreciate wood.

waves pocket watch back and forth over eyes

woooood is goooood
wooooood is goooooooood

5 Likes

The stuff my dreams are made of…

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

6 Likes

Wayne, is there a turbo yo in there?

3 Likes

Well, I’m impressed!

2 Likes

Yes indeed. If only it were mine, but unfortunately that’s a picture of the national yo-yo museum’s TK collection.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s something else, there.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s incredible. Truly the first of it’s time. It’s a shame so many people don’t know what a treasure that is.

2 Likes

If your find yourself in the Chico area pay them a visit you’ll be amazed at what they have on show.
Here’s where they’re at :- 320 Broadway St. Chico, California 95928

Here’s a link to the museums site :- http://museum.nationalyoyo.org/

2 Likes

It’s a good day when you can scratch another one off your most wanted list.
And it only took 6 years to find!!!

8 Likes

Really, Really nice!

3 Likes

Had some good scores this week.
Here’s my No Jive collection after 11 years of hunting them:

Aaaaaaand for anyone out there who’s interested, here’s what I’m still looking for (including pipe dreams):

13 Likes

That is a really nice collection Ed. I only have three but I hope to make it grow.

Correction!!! I just added a Bearing Woody.

2 Likes

Ed - love the display. Wish I had doubles of any of those you are looking for - I can check, but doubt it. I, myself, an hunting for the Olympics/Aspen and the Green-painted stripe model.

I need to get some better pictures and cataloging of my collection. Tom Kuhn Collection - this is some years ago, probably added another 10 or so.

Cheers,
Jeremy

4 Likes

Truly radical collection, jblack! I’m in awe! If you ever get tired of either of those ii Girls or either of those maroon sparkles (wait you have a PAIR?!?!), please hit me up!!!

Also, received this guy from the man, himself last week.
No words.

2 Likes

Are any more No Jive 3 in 1 yoyos going to be made or is eBay the only option now?

3 Likes

We just got some new No Jives in, expect them online later this week or the next!

2 Likes

Special Treat for all you Tom Kuhn Collectors and fixed axle players! We just got in a shipment of new old stock - The Original San Francisco No Jives! (Repackaged in the newer packaging, just incase anyone was curious.)

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0748/4967/products/No-Jive-Clear-1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1479240283

Tom uncovered 100 No Jives from “The Old Days” and we are super excited to offer them to the new fixed axle crowd!

3 Likes

Ed - you’re killing me! Crown Jewel!

How bout the one on the right?? I’ve never seen another in the butterfly shape!

1 Like