Yomega glide

Before I start the review I will post a view points out.

1. I am doing this from my phone so do not expect much
  2. this is my first review
    3)pictures of comparison to my other throws will be posted in the morning once I sign on my laptop.

Okay here we go!!!

Impression:

I first received this yoyo in a simple, c3 like box with once string that matches the splash. I ordered the black with green splash and all I can say is wow! I did not expect much from Yomega, and to be honest I took a gamble.

Finish: amazing! The green splash looks like is holographic that is how shiny it is! I can’t believe how nice the job was done on these.

Shape: weird. Please wait more me to post pictures of comparison to other throws and you will agree. It feels like a more deep cut sand glass, but the most unique when you are holding. It feels like you have complete control when releasing because of the deep groves.

Okay now lets get to the meat of the review: the playability:

I will do this part in 3 sections.
Regular 1a: fantastic. It is a modern throw, that is c sized with a kk to boot, how can it not be amazing. The weight is distributed perfect with a nice floaty feel, but you can still feel it on the string. The speed is pretty fast, but it is a nice calm pace.

Horizontal: I wish more people will produce this type of shape more often. I am not the best at horizontal, but for it not being a v, is feels just as stable. Bottom line- it can do it!

Grinds: sweet! Palm? Perfect finish! Thumb? Feels like it can go forever! At the end of the day, the thing can grind like a beast.

Okay so lets recap and add some notes.

I have about 40 throws and have been throwing since the late 1990’s. in this day and age, every throw coming out is going to be a beast. It is competition in mind, and easily my top 12 case right now.

Out of all the string I tested, I still felt regular kitty to be a perfect match, as that is just my preference.

Okay so now onto the comparison to throws. Here I will insert pictures tomorrow (1/16/13)

Closing: if you are not a Yomega fan, like me, then maybe this review will give them another shot like I did. I do not regret my choice, and cannot wait to see what they will put out next. It feels more stable then my code 2(lol I know right?) and can out perform a few of my clyws. Yes at the end of the day it still is 100 bucks, but compared to what there are selling for, the deal is too good to be true.

End: try it! If it matches your preference of full size, with a nice finish what more can you ask for?

Okay so my question to you is:

1. first review… How was it?
  2. do you think my thumbs are bleeding yet from typing all of this? Then the answer is yes.
  3. after giving this review would you buy one?

Thanks and keep throwing!

2 Likes

Great review!

Pretty good review, I’ve been hunting for a review for the glide for a while. It was a yoyo I was interested, but wouldn’t be one that I purchased unless I heard a good review on it.

Okay so I tried to upload through my phone to get them uploaded faster. Idk if it worked, but it is coming up as an error on my iPhone. This reiterate, this yoyo is just as smooth as any of my clyws, and just as stable. It is in my top 3 right now.

All this through your iPhone? That’s amazing. If you find out how to upload pictures through the phone please let me know. I don’t have a computer to be doing all that uploading. Anyways back on topic. Great review, lots of info. How would a pure bred turning point compare/contrast to a hybrid like YYF-TurningPoint?

Thanks for the input! I will not be able to post through a computer for another couple of days. I am trying to use uploader apps and it is lot working. If someone knows how to or I can email the pics for them to upload it will help a lot.

I can compare this throw mostly to an enlarged dietz. Other than that it is so weird and original.

Hey, download the YoYoExpert app from the app store. You can upload photos with it, shop the store and use the forum as you would with a browser. It’s free. ;D

Nice review!
I need to try one after reading this.

1 Like
I'm a big fan of Yomega. I'm somewhat new to yoyoing, but consider myself to be an advanced player. I have many Yomegas and enjoy them all. A few weeks ago I came to the conclusion that I had outgrown all my throws and it was time to step up to the big leagues and buy myself a high-end pro yo. The Glide seemed like the right choice for me as I had been climbing my way up the Yomega ladder and the Glide is at the top. I was planning on ordering one, but changed my mind last minute and went with the 'Oxygene Ozone'. 

As much as I love the Ozone, I still really want a Glide. I’m going to order one next Friday (I’m thinking of the straight silver finish. ) After reading this review and a few others, I can’t wait to throw that thing and add it to my collection.
Yomega gets a bad rap, and that bothers me. They make great yoyos, it’s just that they are geard mostly towards beginner and intermediate players, so people turn their backs and think of Yomega as cheap crap. In fact my second favorite throw is the Yomega Maverick which I modified and now has a Dif-E-Yo KK and a 4.7mm gap. I going to post a write-up about that shortly, so keep a look out for it.
Thanks for the review and I’ll post back after I get my Glide. :slight_smile:

1 Like

what clyws can the glide outperform

The ones that have been put through a meat grinder.

Love the review. I would agree with you. I love my glide

None, just as no CLYW ‘yoyo’ outperforms a Yomega ‘yoyo’.
A yoyo on its own doesnt do much, in fact, it just sits there ?
So how do you make a yoyo perform ?
Someone has to throw it.
If you give Jensen a Glide and I use a Chief, the Glide will out perfrom my Chief.
Get it.

Pffftt, you can give Jensen anything and it would look amazing

even a pocket change(stock)

I know this is late, but whatever :stuck_out_tongue: I just got a glide, and I have to say this throw is a beast! It plays awesome, definitely changed my perspective on Yomega!

1 Like

Yomega gets a really bad rap but this yoyo could change peoples perspectives. I love my Glide and its by far my favorite throw in my collection. I cant wait to see just how far Yomega can take the Elite Metals line. :slight_smile:

1. first rate, solidly spelled and not too much fluff.
  2. your pain has brought me much happiness, thank you.
  3. yomega sent me one, and i got 2 as gifts, bought 2 more. check out my glide videos, share, subscribe, like, whatever you like, here are Three of my many glide videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Ehwv7gNgw (ooch-yo used for the 5a dedication to Shannon)

I won the aura borealis edition and I have come to love it. I agree with everything you say except for the grinding. This is probably just me because if the unique polished finish, but mine doesn’t grind we’ll all. :’(

1 Like

the aurora borealus finish doesn’t grind well, its possible to do it, but its much like a plastic in feeling. The other finishes grind like a dream.