What did you get in the mail this week (2013-2018)

Next week is set to be pretty good as well :slight_smile:

Then I’ll have to take it easy for a bit…

Nah, always got room for more yoyos! :wink:

Oh there will be more next month for sure. I’ve bought 11 this year and we’re only half way through January!

12… G2 just put a few more warthogs up and I couldn’t help myself.

Dang, that’s a lot so far!

I am always one to support innovation in yo-yo, so this one was a no-brainer. Magnesium has become the new Titanium. Very little on the market for comparison but the thing that stands out the most is the Magnesium shells. Because they are so less-dense than Aluminum, the result is that you actually feel like you are playing two Stainless Steel rings rather than a whole like an Aluminum and SS feel. This yo-yo is really fast. Way quicker than even the Draupnir and has the same kind of float and feel.

Are metals with such different characteristics that I personally have many doubts on this point but other than that I wanted to ask how it behaves in the ceramic cover, is due to some vibration? how it works with the grinds? Thanks!

The Speedaholic v2 is great. Smooth quiet and well balanced. It is very comfortable in my hand and plays very well.

I was only speaking to the lack of Magnesium metal yo-yo’s in the marketplace. Titanium used to be the same way. It was so rare that any yo-yo made with it was deemed desirable.

As for the Ceramic coating, there does not seem to be an increase in any vibe; grinds are: OK. It does, however, eat string. I am hoping this will decrease as the yo-yo is played. Overall, I am not a big fan of the ceramic coating on this yo-yo. It seems to rob the yo-yo of spin when string hits the walls to an inordinate degree. Since I suck, this is an issue. Hopefully, this too eases with use. I will give your solution a try :slight_smile:

I agree that Magnesium, by itself, is not the greatest material for making yo-yo’s by itself. But its decreased density does allow the designer to add more weight with the Stainless Steel than they could with Aluminum without making it a rock on a string.

Great that does not create problems with vibrations, what is not obvious, this (not very controllable) was the cause of the failure of one of the most desired yoyo 2008, the Shield.
As for the consumption of the string (dangerous because you risk the sudden break with consequences for yoyo or people nearby) I’ve unwittingly solved in this way, I began to cover the portion of the string concerned with small piece of Scotch tape, to protect her, playing with Over time, the contact between the shells and the scotch polished the surface of the ceramic and now for a couple of years, I can play with my Shield in peace.
In my opinion, magnesium is too tender for this use (and this aspect with mounting interference with other parties is not the best). Its low hardness not allows are working on thin thickness and very light weight, this limited the designers … I believe that the limited number of models made with this metal depends on these aspects.
I’m agree of the feelings that this yoyo… try to play with two floating steel rings … I’d be curious to try it!

!!!

I’m [not so] patiently waiting for a RadicalSeas Siren, OD Top Deck, and Recess First Base ;D

OD nickel rebirth

1 Like

Now that’s a sweet yoyo!

Thanks! I’m loving it. Had to order from another shop to get the nickel though. This is my first nickel throw. Looking forward to watching it slowly patina.

I got this for $16 shipped lol

SnakeBite bulk string holder. I packed it up with all my bulk stuff. Works great! theres 88 strings loaded in it right now.

A Kuntosh and Rebirth from One Drops Mystery Box!

Wait what… :o

Score!!