What did you get in the mail this week (2013-2018)

This was my first string purchase. Kitty normal to learn on. Not sure how I feel about unresponsive play. I’m contemplating getting a normal replay to nail down some more of the intermediate tricks. It is so much easier to get double or nothing on this than my yyf one though.

Dollar tree, metal, ball bearing yoyos :wink: thought they quit having these, so I was so happy to be able to pick a few up!

Duncan Echo2

Manatee and Orca :grin:

Manatee!! ;D

I may be rushing things, but this may be my favorite CL yet!!! :o
ITs just SOOoooOOOoOoOOoOOOOoooo Goood!

It is!!
I’m in love with it.
I’m also really liking the fade color ways.

How does it play? (Like characteristics)

Just about perfect. You put it in your hand and you feel its wide-ness. But its not overly or too wide at all. I dont know about other peoples hands’ bones’ layouts, but this one sits it a spot that no other throws sits at. Its stance is like a ninja, rearing back ready to kick you in the head.
The gap is at that sweet spot for tight consistent binds when you want em and dead unresponsive when you want it too.
The bearing will need a slight break in if your keeping it stock. 10, 15 mins and your good to go. The factory lube is pretty nice actually. I left it in for a change as I usually clean it immediately.

Ok, enough fluff.
To me (im sure this will not sit well with some) its better than the Scout and the Scout is hailed as one of their best players by many. Its light enough on the string to give minimal resistance when change directions abruptly. Its presents is felt on the end of the string, you know its there, but its not thunky. I do not find its wide-ness to hinder any trick ive thrown at it. I do not notice it grabbing onto other strings like you think a wide throw might.

It SO stable and got rim weight for days. The manatee is a sleepy lil guy and really stays down when thrown. The Neon Snow tires are excellent and are slowly replacing my old white ones as i get more.

I love it! Im no good at horizontal so i cant say how it does there, but the step going into the response pad area tell me it can go pretty extreme on the sideways.

Its also a grind machine in a literal sense. The manatee is POWERFUL, GRACEFUL, NEW, and Easily one of their best. Sure its made in China, but that is the only thing that I could nit-pick about in my most critical inspections, but heres there kicker. If i did not know that silly fact, I would say this one if Juuuust about Perfect.
But ive only had it a day. Give me a week for an actual review or a confirm that my first impressions are already posted here. :slight_smile:

Where did she find these? I’ve been wanting to pick one up as my first 5A style throw.

Replacement bearings from CLYW.
A CTX, KK, Ceramic KK, and Pixel.

Two old stock Duncan Coca-Cola professional yoyo’s.

I got it from Sonny. You’ll not find one.sorry. If you want a great 5A throw try a pain Jane Chevy FHZ. Cheap and takes a beating. And it necessary you can dye it. Nuff Said.
G.

Stuff.

1 Like

Nice Bape!!

Thanks!

Also got this baby.

:+1::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

44rpm Funk Kendama. It is quite the upgrade from my 44rpm flat pack kendama.

Kitty Strings Fat

Got the other half to complete the Manatee Project. Pretty much the best thing ever.

MAJOR THANKS TO YOYOLAZAR! <3 it so much man, thanks!

1 Like