Amateur Yo-Yo Photography

^ That wood version photographs so nicely. Great natural light on that shot.

I was playing with it outside and for some reason it was shiny as 7075, had to take a pic

Thought I would drop these here as well I took these with our ancient bobcat here at the farm

IMG_0416_zpsbymmcgpb IMG_0415_zpsh2u5ytpf IMG_0414_zps1zjryusn IMG_0413_zpsyy9gbwu3 IMG_0412_zpstqojl3lj

I just made a new lightbox for my product photography! And I just got this awesome package!

IMG_8457_zpsju5udw5o

Nice!

Thought I’d join the fun

This is my Too HOT.

Here’s my current 2a set. I thoughti might try my hand at photography…

I love this picture. Makes me wish it was winter again.

Imgur

Figure since so many other topics get necro’d, this would be a good one to bring back with all the awesome yoyo photography everyone posts. So here’s my first contribution, a CLYW Peak 2 sitting on top of a Star Wars puzzle. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite throws, and I’ve only had it for a day.
Edited-7157

3 Likes

Oh yeah great please bump the other photo topic, I just spent 3 hours cleaning the previous one up. Let’s just get all up in this again. Get ALL UP IN THERE!

Also @bobian your photobucket account appears deleted? I can’t recover things that have been remotely deleted, sadly :sob: also @BokehJeremy many of your Flickr images have gone missing :frowning: and @beherenow your imageshack account is missing too.

Have I mentioned how much I hate photobucket lately, and for that matter, low budget “free” off-site image hosting in general? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Furthermore, linking directly to Facebook images doesn’t work at all and breaks 100% of the time after a day or so, those are all long gone. Instagram is a more recent phenomenon as cameras basically sucked on phones until 2012 or so, anyway as a result of this recency, those images tend to still be there… assuming people haven’t deleted their account, oh and of course they disallow hotlinking because they’re owned by Facebook who are legendary jerks about everything that it is possible to be a jerk about, but you can manually download the images if you really want.

IMAGES! GOOD TIMES PEOPLE! I M A G E S

5 Likes

OK, all images that can be fixed in this topic, has been fixed. There’s some REALLY good info on photographing yoyos in here, mostly courtesy of @Totalartist so I highly recommend jumping to the top (click or tap the topic title at any time to jump to the top, or press the home key on your physical keyboard if you have one) and giving it a quick read-through!

If you don’t, you’ll miss the rap yo-yos… and the rock-and-roll yo-yos… there’s some real :gem:s in here.

Thanks for pointing this out @shatterFX if you find any other good topics that need help… @ me, your faithful forum janitor!

2 Likes

Another one using the Star Wars puzzle. It was out still and figured it could make for some fun shots.
Edited-7119

3 Likes

Wow you have quite the collection there good stuff!!!

1 Like

This Smashing Monocle definitely has the classiest packaging I have come across so far. I actually had bought this on the BST from someone, but they said it was basically brand new, and must’ve sent it to me the same way they originally received it.
Apologies in advance for the barrage of photos, and for having already posted the last photo on other topics.
Smashing Yoyo Company’s Monocle
Edited-7290 Edited-7293 Edited-7296 Edited-7302-halfsize
Edited-7318

7 Likes

DSC07509

5 Likes

Hawk

IMG_20190116_133756_778

3 Likes

That yoyo/string combo is perfect :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@codinghorror does this black yoyo/ white string combo do anything for you?