Amateur Yo-Yo Photography

^Awesome.

Capricorn

1 Like

Silver and Gold.

2 Likes

One of the guys who woks at the local game/yoyo store started making his own paracord holsters. And they were selling them at MN states yesterday.
So I bought a red/white/blue one to match my Avalanche. And now I’m all set for 4th of July

2 Likes

^ that’s sweet!

Thanks.

You all earned some thank yous in here. Photos are looking great. Everyone is stepping their game up. Kitebug’s orange really “pops.” Beherenow’s Shutter looks so classy and amazing. I love Erik’s holder matching the Avalanche. So glad he’s having fun with that throw. I think it found the perfect home. BC, nice job showing the Capricorn in a different look. I’m waiting for it to warm up around here. I’m hoping to get out of the light box more. I love something about this one I did recently, so I’ll post it up here. I admit that I sought out that bip bop so I could capture it in a photo. That’s when you know you’re hooked. Photography never gets old.

2 Likes

^That’s a really cool bip bop color.

Spring time and heavy winds knocked plenty of blossoms on the ground from the tree’s.
<right click - view image> to see full size

1 Like

Wow that is really cool. I love how the splash on the toohot matches the blossoms.

1 Like

WOW and there a crazy skull in the flower on the bottom right…looking right back at you.

great photos

1 Like

Yeah, that skull is pretty nuts… Did you Photoshop that or something? :wink:

1 Like

The skull is actually a bead you would put on a bracelet or necklace I guess. :slight_smile:

Wow, that is pretty sick. Great photos. The skull really set it off too haha.

I’ve been determined to work on my white on white photos. Often I have a white yo-yo or raw yo-yo that tends to blend right into the white background. But, I still want the white background. So, I’m getting a bit closer to figuring out the lighting to make it happen. In most shots, the wheels on the carriage would disappear because they are the same as the white background. Now, I have at least been able to maneuver the lights so that the wheels are still visible. It’s still a work in progress. What is working best for me now is lighting up the background, but not the item itself.

1 Like

^Great pic TA

the back wheal doe’s kinda blend in with the white backround out it turned out pretty nice.

Yeah, not quite there yet, but almost…it’s getting better though. :slight_smile:

As you have already seen, it all comes down to the positioning and brightness of your lights. Learning how different light positions work is an important first step. This isn’t a bad place to start learning:

I put my Glow Northstar in one of my Moms plants.

Nice photo Erik. I put my Too H.O.T. in the bush in front of my house yesterday.

Cool. The flowers match the Splash almost perfectly.