Question about Clyw's and vibe.

Exactly. Vibe, as long as it doesn’t seriously detract from your enjoyment when throwing, isn’t a big deal.

I’ve never been one to defend YYF, especially Ben, but I’ve got to step into his corner here. I do believe that every Protostar has been tested before shipping simply because I’ve never heard of one being completely unplayable out of the box. I don’t know what the rejection rate is at the factory, but there must be enough quality control to ensure that every single yoyo plays and plays well before being shipped to the customer. I’ve also never thrown a smooth one, but I absolutely can’t say that all Protostars have vibe because I haven’t thrown all of them. I’m sure they were designed and are manufactured to be smooth, affordable throws.

Also, any issues with vibe can be solved by the end user on any yoyo with an undamaged bearing seat. Through tuning and balancing the weight of each yoyo half, you can eliminate vibrations as much as you want.

Say you’ve got a serious ding on one half of your yoyo and it has caused some vibrations while throwing. Sand it down until it is smooth. Then, sand the other yoyo half equally. Voila! Your vibe issues should be much less than they were before.

Say your brand new yoyo has some vibe you don’t like. Head over to YouTube and search “yoyo tuning”. Follow the instructions until you’re happy with your new yoyo! It really is that easy!

In the end, though, if you’re so concerned about vibe that you’re not enjoying your yoyo and fixing the problem yourself seems too complicated or time consuming, just contact the manufacturer and they’ll likely be willing to help you. The yoyo industry has great customer service as a whole and 90% of the people involved in it are courteous and respectful. Give them an opportunity to help you and they likely will.