Question about feedback

Again, smooth, semi-smooth, is all a type of being…smooth, which is relative and an “opinion” anyway. If the yo-yo is smooth, no problem with it in my eyes. I don’t know what the problem is with the transaction if you get it in good working and cosmetic condition. I have an issue with the way half the throws sent to me are packed, but it did not warrant a neutral feedback in my eyes. If it was fine when I received it, no harm done, and while the packing was not suitable to me, it obviously worked out just fine. Also, even if that yo-yo was not smooth, you have no way to prove the packing was the cause. It could be that his definition of smooth, and yours are just…different, as I’ve seen so many times on the forum. I would never give someone a neutral feedback who sent me the yo-yo in good working and cosmetic condition, as advertised. This discrepancy of smooth and semi smooth is just a difference of opinion on a “smooth spectrum” and it is not even like he said it was smooth and it was not smooth at all. I don’t even agree with using the term semi smooth but that is for another thread. Either something is smooth or it is not to me, there is no semi smooth or kind of smooth, a little smooth and so on. If you say semi smooth…to me, that’s smooth enough for a positive feedback. If you want to help the guy out so he does not get a negative from someone in the future, for a damaged yo-yo, you can give him advice about it in a PM. It sounds to me like the yo-yo is just fine. I read the original post several times, and I cannot find anything “wrong” with the throw. It sounds like the problem is the way it was packed, which cannot be connected to any damage caused to the yo-yo. Feedback based on what “could have” happened, in my opinion, is unfair. I would not have been happy either, if I got the box and it sounded like a jigsaw puzzle was in there. But, if I opened up the box and everything was as described, he said it was smooth and the thing was not vibing like crazy…I would just say “whew that was a close one,” send the guy a PM about packing better to prevent problems in the future, and give him a positive feedback.

1 Like