possible new type of regen

That was a lot better than I really thought. I’m a skeptical person so I was gonna be blunt and say ‘No’ without even giving it a chance 'cause it just sounded really stupid at first. That really looks cool, though!
However…there’s gotta be lots of different variations depending on what yoyo you’re using.

I was trying it out with my MVP and given how that yoyo’s weight is distributed it’s almost impossible with that. But I hope I can make it work somehow.

I’ve been doing it on my trident witch has relatively pointy rims, and when i tried it on my flat rimed chaotic it was much easier, id like to try it on my mvp2 but i ran out of pads.

Reading the initial description of what you were posting, it sounded kind of like someone spinning a basketball on their fingertip, and not very doable, but after seeing the video I get it! Its actually really cool looking. Smooth tricks btw, that whole video was nice, not just the regen.

1 Like

That was crazy.

1 Like

That was way better than i thought it was going to be. I’m going to try that once i get home today. Also, nice tricks.

1 Like

I hit my hand wrong and it gave me a bruise…

They said that judges at contests will only deduct points if the yoyo stops spinning completely, so this type of regeneration will not make you lose any points.

2 Likes

good to know, thank you

now if only there were some contests to go to

You can’t convince me unless you can do it with a YYF WHiP.

i gave my only whip to my brother like a week ago, will a popstar do?

I was a bit skeptical about it from the description by after seeing the vdeos, it actually looks a lot cooler than I thought it would. Would brushing the yoyo a few times in succession generate more spin?

Yuki

it does just a little bit, but probably do to not hitting it right the first time(tried the popstar, its essentially impossible)

From your initial description, I had my doubts. Now that I see it though, it makes sense. I’ll have to experiment a little with this.

I don’t think it has to work on every single yoyo to be legitimate (…daniel…). Not all yoyos are suited for all types of play. Good luck doing horizontal with a good number of yoyos out there, and have fun doing chopsticks with your H5 (not impossible, but…).

As long as it works for some yoyos, it’s legit.

So you dont lose points? But do you gain any?

it would be advantageous because you would be able to exhaust the spin of the yoyo without binding and thus have more time for string hits

I laughed when I saw the video because I was so pleasantly surprised! I think it’s pretty cool and could be introduced at least a little in a freestyle/video.

I was also pleasantly surprised only one guy gave an answer like this:

I think you’re right about it being advantageous, but I’m not sure if it would gain you any points or not.

You wouldn’t gain points in the normal sense, but you don’t get a point taken away for returning it.