Yoyo Monster - opinions

Most of these compare well to the Sleipnir.

The model that would best compare to the Sleipnir is the Quickmate. The Basileus is a bit wider and the weight is more in the middle of the yoyo rather than just the rims. The Quickmate is just like the Sleipnir but more balanced. I would actually rate the Quickmate on par, if not slightly better than the Sleipnir for 1A. It is fast, maneuverable and spins like a demon.

The Yoyo Monster Remate is more like the YYR Gleipnir or the Solenoid from TP.

I hope that helps.

Have you ever played a 3points??. I want to buy one, but it seems that nobody has it. And for being a really small undersize(31.4dia) with a price tag of $120 I want to know if its worth it.

Necro’ing to thank YoyoGeezer for posting this. I’m looking at YYM’s lineup today and this is really helpful!

2 Likes

I was going to do this too but I was scared to do it!!! hehe… But seriously these Monster’s are soooo freeking good!!! It’s just sick how good mine plays!!!

I already have another on the way!!

Also, thanks Geez for all your help. From one Matt to another!!! ;D ;D

1 Like

I tried one of these a while ago, it was really good.

Yoyo Monster is like the General-Yo of Japan. They make too few yo-yo’s to really get noticed; or sponsor huge events and teams. But their yo-yo’s are among the best designed and manufactured throws out there. Give them a try. You will be pleased you did.

1 Like

I just received my KONIG today. For those of you who do not know the KONIG is a 6061 version of the Basileus. Two grams lighter but the same design. WOW what a zippy throw. The difference between them is enough for it to be fun!! I really love the purple too. It has that kind of color changing thing going on with it!!!

I didn’t bother to read the initial review due to flat out being to lazy.

I can only say YYM are true players. I like the fact they are very under the radar as well.

Necroing!

I’m interested in trying a YYM.The three throws i’ve narrowed it down to are Remate, Checkmate (7075) and Basileus.
Are these designs outdated? Or still good designs and yoyos?
I like yoyos that’s stable, long spinning and that can go with decent speed. If it’s floaty of hefty doesn’t really matter, i like both!
(And please don’t tell me about the Agonist. It’s too expensive and impossible to find)

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I still absolutely love my checkmate. The stepped profiles are plenty current with todays shapes and designs and the checkmate was actually my all time favorite yoyo for horizontal. That said I haven’t tried the 7075 version but I bet it’s just as good.

Thankyou!

Anyone else? I’ve pretty much narrowed it down to either the Remate or the Basileus now.

I’d definitely go for the remate

The way the konig was weighted felt pretty weird to me and the basileus is the same shape

[quote=“Eastfield,post:11,topic:46216”]
Of the three I have only played the Basileus. IMHO the Basileus has that light yoyo feel but that powerful feel of a more heavy solid throw. The spin times were always excellent and it moved effortlessly. Again I have only played that one but I really enjoyed it. As for are these designs outdated? I don’t think so. They are among the best looking yoyo designs I have seen… Best of luck man!!

Thanks everyone! I went for a 7075 Checkmate and a 7075 Remate :slight_smile: So stoked!

@yoyogeezer I feel sorry to hear you are so big fan of YYM and doesn´t have their best creation (by far), the Agonist.

BTW, i have a prototype for sale :smiley:

I am looking to get something new from YYM. I heard some fit issues with the Agonist; so waiting for something a bit less of a prototype. Maybe something with SS rings instead of brass?

Got my Yoyomonsters today, and they’re awsome! And as mentioned earlier, they do have a really unique feel :slight_smile:

Necroing (again)
Considering getting the Basileus or the AC2. Anyone here played both? If so, a few words on how they differ would be highly appreciated :slight_smile:

Bumping my own thread.

See New Agonist :slight_smile:

Have one on the way…