The Square Wheels YoYo Company - News!

Has anybody else notice that every model of square wheels starts with the letter ‘r’. Rex, royals, Rockefeller, royale with cheese. Conspiracy?

Just bought a brand new Rex. Has a small vibe. Is this normal?

These were hand tested before they were shipped, so vibe is not the norm. One or two could have slipped through the cracks. Have you checked that the pads are either flush or recessed in the response groove? You also may want to take the axle out and reseat it.

No conspiracy, just coincidence. This will change next year ;D

you suggest i unscrew it? and reseat the axle?

Yes, you can take it apart, then use an allen wrench to take the axle out. Reseat it, possibly in the other side first.

Allen wrench? What about a YYF tool?

Yes, a YYF tool will work.

Didn’t change anything :confused: what next?

What’s next? You attach it to your finger and play it

1 Like

If it’s enough vibration to disrupt play, you can email us (squarewheelsyoyos@gmail.com). We can figure something out. If it’s very slight vibe, it might be tunable. We haven’t had any complaints about other yoyos from this run, and each one was tested. It could be due to rough package handling in transit.

Shot at historic Union Station in Kansas City, we were given all access to the unused back hallways, floors, and roof. There are some great shots and great tricks from two amazing yoyo players.

I am so excited to show everyone this video!

Yeah I noticed that a while back and said something to them at Worlds. Can’t remember but I think the next one may not have start with a letter ‘R.’

I don’t know about you guys, but I love the solid red Rex that we did. I can’t believe I haven’t seen any love for it!

How can you turn this down?

http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/1113/Square-Wheels-REX

I am not a rep for Square Wheels, but I figured they wouldn’t mind me copy-pasting this here with mild edits (an addendum they themselves made plus truncating the list of retailers) that still preserve Jon’s original meaning:

Sometimes life happens. It is with a heavy heart, that after 4 years, we are shutting it down. We have built lifetime friendships, learned a lot, and made some yoyos. We will be releasing a C bearing Rex, followed by the highly anticipated Missing Link, and then pulling our hat out of the game.

There are a ton of people we would like to thank, and foremost on that list is Blake Freeman. Without him, Square Wheels would have never happened. He challenged me to do something I knew virtually nothing about. But out of that challenge came the Royale, followed by the Rockefeller, D bearing Rex, Nomad, and soon a C bearing Rex, and the Missing Link. Thank you Blake.

Next is our team, past and present. Blake Freeman, Matt Warren, Derek Britson, Robbie Graham, Connor Schultze, Spencer Walker, Jeffery Knox, Saska Sarkilahti, Owen Ekblad, Shane Lubecker, and Kyle Nations. You guys made it all turn with your representation, outstanding character, help with designs, feedback, and your friendship. Thank you all.

Special thanks to Burger & Brown Engineering and Dynacut for doing a fantastic job machining our yoyos. The patience and persistence Kimball Bryan, Doug McPeek, and Larry Hash displayed was nothing short of excellent. Also to Scooter Tuman for his excellent anodizing. You made us look way better than ever.

Robert Armin has been our artist for the last year or so. He is an incredible talent that is unmatched. He has been a huge help in getting us where we wanted to be artistically. Thank you so Robert. May your future work be forever recognized. You deserve it!

To the retailers that have supported us at one time or another. All of you have been great. Special shoutout to Andre Boulay and Tony Alonso for helping us get started.

And last but certainly not least, our customers and fans. You all have been loyal to us to a fault. And we really do appreciate that. To everyone that has ever bought a yoyo from us, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We hope you have enjoyed every product we have provided for you.
The yoyo community has been a privilege to be a part of. Thank you for making our lives a little better by letting us be a part of it.

Sincerely,
Jon Mackey
SWYYC

This is sad news !! :’(

First SPYY, and now Square Wheels ?

I’ve always been a big fan of the Square Wheels designs & their colorways. The Royale impressed me sufficiently enough that I felt compelled to buy three of them…

The Nomad is one of my daily throws that I always felt was very underrated.
You guys have killer designs…I’m sorry to see you go.

You will be missed.

Here’s my small tribute.

2 Likes

Nomad is a near-daily for me, too. Also the Royale w/ Cheese!

Anyone know what the thread pitch and length is on a royale axle? I bent mine. The Rex uses the same axle.

In Jon’s announcement he mentioned that the C bearing Rex and Missing Link are still being released - would it be possible to get a timeframe for these releases? I don’t want to miss out on the Missing Link…

Any more news on the release of the Missing Link?