The guitar player's thread

I tune to B for Carcass songs…Bill Steer is fun to watch live.

I also tuned to Drop A once…Too much…lol

The lowest I’ve gone is Drop C. I cant go any lower otherwise the buzzing annoys me.

SO, went to a music store, And Played a Jackson Rhoads V to test it out…It played so beautifully…It’s shape and tone were great for a thrashy black metal style playing…SO awesome! and it was only $300…Darn…

Someone was selling a genuine Jackson Rhoads V for $300? I probably would have bought it on the spot if I had been there. :wink:

I know, the other was for 350, they were having a clearance blow out sale…I was enjoying playing it so much. Sounded smexy as could be.

i found this vid and thought it was pretty cool so yeah.

Songsterr.com offers what ultimate-guitar.com calls a “pro tab”, where you see the tabs as the song plays through, for free.

Cool, I like playing with backing tracks.

Learning some slam / Brutal Death metal songs…Takes a bit…lol

I have a epiphone special flametop edition it only came out for a short time i also have a raven amp, a rg38 and digitech whammy pedal

When I’m trying to write a song, I think that everything just doesn’t sound right, but everyone else is like, “OMG, that’s amazing!”.

YES!!!

THIS IS DELICIOUS!!!

I can play a C chord :stuck_out_tongue:

…Total skillage.

Wait, now I’m confused…

I’m working on songs from Two Door Cinema Club.

If you guys want to discover some crazy alternate tunings, I’d invite you to start learning some songs from some New Wave of Acoustic Guitar artists. To give a brief example, Don Ross is one of my favorite artists, if not my absolute favorite, and I know several of his songs. One song called Klimbim is renowned for its nightmare of a tuning – BF#C#F#BF#. So you have the low E string tuned all the way down to B while the high E string is tuned up a whole step to F#. Another song of his called Rockbarra is CGEbFGBb, so the top four strings actually make up a portion of a pentatonic scale. I could go on and on spouting off alternate tunings of different songs I know, but the point is especially in an acoustic guitar medium, alternate tunings make for some seriously amazing possibilities – especially with harmonics.

My current love is my Taylor 816ceLTD. Sitka spruce top, cocobolo back and sides, curly maple binding, Grand Symphony (sort of like a mini jumbo) body style. It’s an absolutely gorgeous guitar in looks, play, and sound, and I’m seriously lucky to have snatched it up for only $2,860. I’m seeing Don Ross in June and I plan on having him autograph it on the back of the headstock.

I haven’t really touched my electric guitars in a couple years now, but my main axe is my Ibanez RGT42DXFM. Beautiful satin finish, flame maple top, a deep purple that one could easily mistake for black depending on the lighting, self-installed DiMarzio Evolution pickups, neck-through body construction, and best of all, autographed by Joe Satriani on the back of the headstock. 'Twas a glorious day. My only other electric at the moment is my Gibson Gothic Explorer with self-installed EMGs (Zakk Wylde set, if I recall correctly an 81 in the bridge and an 85 in the neck).

Seriously though, if anyone is interested in picking up some great quality acoustics for cheap, see my BST thread. At this time, prices are negotiable, so feel free to offer if you’re interested.

I can play a C major, a G major, and an e minor. that means that I am officially a 3 chord guitarist. where’s my record deal??

Learn some power chords and you can be up there with Billy Joe Armstrong!

Learn Sweeps, Economic Sweep picking, Alternate Sweep Picking, Killswitch techniques, and how to slap a Les Paul, and you can be up there with Buckethead, Yngwie J. Malmsteen, and Dying Fetus!!!