Where yoyos go to die...

geeze guys dont bash on Jason for having money and watching the bst like a hawk for mint peaks. Ya I wish I could add another mint peak to my case but im not gonna hate on him for having a larger collection then me. There’s a lot of peaks out there. You just need to find them and be willing to pay $$$.

As for the guy who says the Peak was retired because it wasn’t good. Maybe you should check your info because your way off in so many ways.

They would still sell it if it was good.

Hehe, thanks Jwil. I made a very conscious effort to build my Peak collection just before the pricing on them skyrocketed. I think I picked up most of mine around the $100-$150 range. I had been watching them very closely for a long time.

Bcmaddog, although I can’t speak for Chris… I don’t think he retired the Peak because it plays poorly. Chris runs a smart business and he realizes that what drives the yoyo market is collectability. This in no way detracts from his abilties as a yoyo designer, but in the end, people simply don’t need much more than a small handful of yoyos. Any modern day plastic is more than capable of winning a top level competition. (Just look at Jensen with the Northstar at Worlds.)

In order to grow a successful yoyo business, your yoyos need to be collectable. And in order to be collectable, you need to limit supply. This is why he discontinued the Peak… not because it didn’t play well. Having a healthy, robust aftermarket for his ‘retired models’ is perhaps one of the best means of marketing for CLYW. It drives demand for his current product lines and gets the word out that CLYW is a hot and in demand company.

Those are some nice ILYY’s! Also dem Skywalkers :wink: I also wondered why there aren’t to many Peak on the forum. Now I know there all here!

what do mean wasn’t good. Lots of people loved it why do you think CLYW is still in business?

hey jason so I saw that you lived in san jose and i live in walnut creek, but I was wondering how I could get one of your awesome ano jobs?

Sorry guys I’m semi retired from anodizing nowadays. Still mess around with it every once in awhile, but just for fun. :slight_smile:

In the peak picture. Whats the yoyo under the H5 also what colorway is that? And what’s the name of the blue with silver splash colorway in the same picture?

In this photo?

The metallic rainbow looking one below the h5 is a Spectral Cloak Peak. I polished it out and had it titanium coated.

The blue with silver splash Peak is called Wolf Lake. It’s an old school CLYW colorway.

Did you ever get your hands on a Clowtown Peak? Or Robot vs. Ninja Moose if it came on a Peak, but I think it was only released on the BvM? Not sure… God Bless - Moefv

Oh thanks. I’ve never heard of Titainium coating. Sounds cool.
And wolf lake looks really cool.

Aww you couldn’t do one more ano for a local? Just cause I wanted skittles but England says he doesn’t want to copy you

Sorry buddy, no more commissioned ano work. I definitely respect England as an anodizer. He’s done some awesome stuff.

This literally brought a tear to my eye when I seen it.

Dude. It was designed in 2006. It wasn’t good. It was INCREDIBLE. It stopped production because there were 3 versions made, and they had to move to an alternate factory if I remember correctly. Producing peaks on the new machines was too difficult so it was discontinued, which was okay because it had a long happy life. Don’t say these things if you don’t have information to back it up.

As far as I am concerned, the Peak was one of the best return tops ever made!!

Yes you are correct, the Peak was discontinued because Chris switched machine shops and it was too much trouble to get the new shop set up and tooled for the Peak. To say the Peak was discontinued because it wasn’t good, is ludicrous.

That ti playing is incredible! I also love anod ti it looks beautiful

I wish someone still did work like this… :’( I’m getting a lunarwinds prototype and it’s raw…

England1414 for ano… MullicaBob for blasting :slight_smile:

Hey Jason are there any modern yoyos that you’ve looked for but can’t find? Looks impossible with that collection but just curious.