General-Yo's Official News

WOW that is very interesting to hear!!

that is awesome information!!! :smiley:

Dang! What do they put in that stuff? Copper is not that expensive.

I remember the OneDrop GZR (7075 version) line being more expensive than the 6061 original versions. So what is the price point going to be on the Majesty given this difference in material cost?

Keep in mind it isn’t just the copper that is adding to the expense it is also the process of making the alloy itself that adds to the cost.

Quoted from Wikipedia:

David said in the past that the extra cost of the GZR line was in the cost of materials and the cost of manufacturing such as the anodizing the anodizing of the 7075 which is a slightly different process than on 6061.

If I had to guess, the Majesty will probably probably have a similar $20-$50 increase in price that we have seen from other companies that offer both 6061 and 7075 versions of the same yo-yo.

One other factor that Ernie mentioned to me was that the 7075 yo-yos “spend more time on the machine”. I assume that is because the increased hardness means more time to machine the same amount of metal. More time = more $.

That would jive with the hard to machine comments that other manufacturers have mentioned in the past as well.

I am curious of this release is similar to a One Drop situation where it is the same design for each or if special tweaks were made to one version or the other in order to play to the alloy used.

Should be at YYE any day

1 Like

Those look great!

The skull with crown graphic is awesome! Very cool.

Will YYE have a countdown till they are released? I don’t wanna be blindsided on this one :wink:

What colors is yye getting?

They’ve had it with all previous General Yo releases on the site. So I assume there will be one for this too.

And don’t you already have one? aha

I’m notorious for owning two of every General Yo that I have. Lol.

I mean, like a countdown or some kind of post?

wait I’m kind of confused. The only 6061 there is the purple Majesty? Then all the others are 7075?

Yes that is the case on the Majesty

Yes the purple mountain is the only 6061 model.
YYE will have an assortment of the colors.
As for a countdown, That is up to Andre’.
He has in the past.

The Majesty looks metal as can be! \M/

1 Like

the Purple Mountain is 1.4 grams lighter than the 7075. Incase anyone was wondering

Just got mine. After playing a bit I have come to the conclusion that it is my all time favorite yoyo. Best yoyo I’ve ever thrown.

1 Like

How much?