My Ongoing Guitar Project - Completed Guitar on Page 5!

please don’t tell me you will sell your yo-yos for a new guitar or bass or whatever

Why? Would me selling part of my collection concern you? Not that I’m going to, but I may sell a few unused throws. Also, you can make money through a band by playing gigs. Yoyo’s, it’s just for fun.

I can’t wait for the update. It seems like a very challenging project, even with a kit. If it turns out well, it will be so rewarding. If you complete the project, I bet you will will never stop making them. You’ll want to try all kinds of possibilities. I love guitars too!

Well here’s the update. I sanded the whole body with 100 grit sandpaper and then sprayed it with sanding sealer.

I apologize for the bad quality in some of them. I didn’t have a camera with me and was forced to use my phone. As for never stopping building guitars, that’s the plan.

This thread is so cool! Thanks for including us on this project so we all have the opportunity to watch your progress as you work on your guitar. Of course when you finish this instrument we are going to request you play a little something for us on your creation.

Good luck, it’s looks like you are off to a great start!

:o I agree. Looking good so far, and it even looks silky smooth in the pictures. Seems like you have a nice area to work in too. I love looking at workshops too. I like seeing the different setups of work areas. If you get organized, post a cool pic of it for us to see. Good job.

Thanks guys! Yeah, my dad’s workshop in our basement is nice to work in when not cluttered. :smiley: I’ve already done more sanding sealer and moved on to filling the holes. Pics to come.

cool! Looking snazzy.

Some pics after filling the grain.

I again apologize for the bad quality pictures my cell phone takes.

1 Like

The edges look nice and smooth

Thanks!

Yeah, it’s looking really nice!

I trust any man with at least one workbench made from an old door.

-bpg

Are you planning on making this your combo of strat and Paul or are you just using this as a starting point to get you ready for the dream guitar?

Got one too.

Starting point. It’s not really a combo of a strat and les paul anyways, just has some of bot features. Body is hard to explain.

After sanding off the grain filler and adding another coat of sanding sealer;

After adding a coat of primer;

Nice!

super nice. love les pauls very quality guitars. Even got me motivated to play for a little bit. Yoyoing took all my time away from my playing

Umm, this is a Telecaster, but I like Les Pauls too.