Inspirational Spin Top Videos

awkward waiting where nobody wants to say anything for fear of being rude

Well, here is a bearing only video for example. Upside down stuff is nearly impossible with a fixed tip, and this WHOLE VIDEO is upside down stuff:

https://vimeo.com/27142428

1 Like

I was quite vocal, yelling “No, no! NO!” when he was priming up that upside down corkscrew.

1 Like

Well, I have decided… I must take time to learn fro TAO himself. I really want to take him on his offer to learn from him tops and all. I have been messing with this wooden top I got, and I feel this urge to learn…more…and more…So yes.

1 Like

Alright! When?

Whenever yo can. I have too much spare time these days…xD And, bus pass and I need to find a decent top. Spent my most recent money on older yoyojams… D: I would love to learn, you have no idea man. Like, I would schedule that stuff with priorities. But yeah, I have nothing to do these days, sadly. xD

On the other hand I am pretty busy. There are only 2 more weekends before worlds and I need to make all the trophies, plus my own top for the mod contest and some other preparations.
But let me find out if big Justin can join us sometime and we can try to make it.

1 Like

That would be awesome! I can wait, either way!
“Time makes all things possible. I can wait.”

OK so, this thread has been neglected for a while, so I aim to slowly revitalize it.

Master Ta0 of iTopSpin.com has organized several collective / collaboaritive videos based on Spintastic’s spin top trick award program.  Link found here:  http://www.spintastics.com/SSTDocuments/topawardapp.pdf

So the tricks are divided into three groups and Ta0 followed that structure (loosley), but the concept was to come up with interpretive versions of the tricks; be it abstract or funny or just plain corny.

Here is the video of the first 8 tricks:

I laughed and had a great watching that…And to ask Tao, if your’e at this months Juggling Meet, I can try and make it. it should be the 19th, right?

And the second video of four:

Ha! My son Diego is now slightly taller than I am. How time flies!
That series of videos was a lot of work but it was worth doing.  It let players of every level of expertise from all around the world to contribute to the effort.

The video for the last 8 tricks was to be the last one but I finally decided to divide it into two videos to include as many players as possible. This time Neff was in charge of showing the canonical version of each trick:

Yes, I plan to be at the juggling meet Thursday. See you there!

Thanks for posting the great vids!

I would classify this as inspirational.

That is a 10" diameter spin top made out of dense Baltic birch plywood with fairly thick walls.  I don’t know how much it weighs but John makes it look lighter than a giant marshmallow…

Inspirational?  I dunno.  But it’s current!

Dang it I want to spin top so badly I have no funds for even the cheapest of tops, but the very moment that I do I will find a away to acquire said top! Thanks for the thread with heavy video context and is there any skill toy Steve Brown isn’t good at? Lol

I’m over joyed I just watched a majority of the videos here.

Enjoyed watching, Chris!

This thread must not die!
This was published almost 2 years ago but it is absolutely fantastic.  Favorite.

3 Likes

This video is packed full of awesomeness

2 Likes

Wow. Great stuff in there. Thanks for posting this, Neff!