Inspirational Spin Top Videos

Got it?  Good.  Now learn this one and teach it to me.

Brand New!  Check out this run from Tyler Young!!!

That is a solid 5" Watts top.  Easy to catch because of it’s size, fun to regenerate but does not hold spin long so you have to keep it moving pretty good.  It’s not light - using one of these will give you huge pectoral muscles (Renn voice)

1 Like

This video inspires me to clean up my basement. BUT it inspires you to acquire one of the finest spin tops in the world!!! The top in this video is the original S8 STB. It is smaller than the STB 2.0 but bigger than the Love. I’ve gotten better since this video was shot, but

Last year I visited Gustavo and Salvador in Mexico City.  This is the last on a series of videos I edited showing how amazing Gus is:

1 Like

Could one of you post a video showing a fixed tip vs. a bearing tip vs. a one-way bearing tip? I’ve always been curious about each styles tricks and whatnot.

The video above your post would be a great example of top notch fixed tip play. Lots of regenerations, wirewalkers, fast paced, seemingly repetitive to some.

Bearing tip play tends to have more set-up time for the tricks but the wow factor for people who haven’t seen it before is still there. Can’t think of a good video example at the moment…

I will meditate on this… or I might fall asleep.

awkward waiting where nobody wants to say anything for fear of being rude

Well, here is a bearing only video for example. Upside down stuff is nearly impossible with a fixed tip, and this WHOLE VIDEO is upside down stuff:

https://vimeo.com/27142428

1 Like

I was quite vocal, yelling “No, no! NO!” when he was priming up that upside down corkscrew.

1 Like

Well, I have decided… I must take time to learn fro TAO himself. I really want to take him on his offer to learn from him tops and all. I have been messing with this wooden top I got, and I feel this urge to learn…more…and more…So yes.

1 Like

Alright! When?

Whenever yo can. I have too much spare time these days…xD And, bus pass and I need to find a decent top. Spent my most recent money on older yoyojams… D: I would love to learn, you have no idea man. Like, I would schedule that stuff with priorities. But yeah, I have nothing to do these days, sadly. xD

On the other hand I am pretty busy. There are only 2 more weekends before worlds and I need to make all the trophies, plus my own top for the mod contest and some other preparations.
But let me find out if big Justin can join us sometime and we can try to make it.

1 Like

That would be awesome! I can wait, either way!
“Time makes all things possible. I can wait.”

OK so, this thread has been neglected for a while, so I aim to slowly revitalize it.

Master Ta0 of iTopSpin.com has organized several collective / collaboaritive videos based on Spintastic’s spin top trick award program.  Link found here:  http://www.spintastics.com/SSTDocuments/topawardapp.pdf

So the tricks are divided into three groups and Ta0 followed that structure (loosley), but the concept was to come up with interpretive versions of the tricks; be it abstract or funny or just plain corny.

Here is the video of the first 8 tricks:

I laughed and had a great watching that…And to ask Tao, if your’e at this months Juggling Meet, I can try and make it. it should be the 19th, right?

And the second video of four:

Ha! My son Diego is now slightly taller than I am. How time flies!
That series of videos was a lot of work but it was worth doing.  It let players of every level of expertise from all around the world to contribute to the effort.

The video for the last 8 tricks was to be the last one but I finally decided to divide it into two videos to include as many players as possible. This time Neff was in charge of showing the canonical version of each trick:

Yes, I plan to be at the juggling meet Thursday. See you there!

Thanks for posting the great vids!

I would classify this as inspirational.

That is a 10" diameter spin top made out of dense Baltic birch plywood with fairly thick walls.  I don’t know how much it weighs but John makes it look lighter than a giant marshmallow…