One Drop YoYos Official News

This is why I decided against trying to buy one. (Emphasis on TRYING)

Why? Was it the lack of control over the color you got?

I find that it promotes trading in the community. The green was cool and all but I would have rather gotten a different one. Someone else really wanted a green so we struck up a trade and soon I will have a Galaxy Explorer Marquis in my possession. Win win for everyone involved. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[size=10pt][size=10pt]Don’t try this at home…[/size][/size]

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg140/theflooper/v4m_6th_anniversary_chemistry_zpspgalyei4.jpg

db

Have you guys thought about making those cupstack side effects I suggested a couple of years ago at the One Drop forums? They would be shaped like concave little bowls that your finger would sit in for finger spins.

I just had another idea for an RSM (Rotating Side Member) replacement. Make a side effect that looks like a bearing post so we can attach our own A size bearings, o-rings, and caps to make our own hubstacks. Just a thought.

1 Like

BOTH of these ideas are brilliant…now if only the powers that be would listen! :-\

1 Like

The problem with finger spin Side Effects is that they are dangerous. The gap between the outer edge of the cup and the rim hurts you if you finger falls in there. The solution to that is to make it bigger but then it just weighs too much.

Same with RSMs - just weight too much.

In regards to a finger spin cap…

How about this then? Make a finger spin cap out of plastic that covers the entire cup that we can snap onto the Lego side effects. This way it’s lightweight, safe, and can be used for finger spins.

In regards to the RSMs…
I was able to make my own hubstacks out of Lego side effects and some lego pieces from a mini x-wing lego set, and YYF hubstacks. I can’t remember who gave me the idea. It was someone back at the old forums.

They weren’t too heavy at all, they worked great. If you could make a side effect that simply acts as a hubstack post, we could add our own hubstacks. They wouldn’t be too heavy at all.

I’m persistent. :slight_smile: I just love hubstacks and finger spins. The Vangaurd looks like it could be good for finger spins. Maybe I’ll give that one a try.

You can do “ghetto matador” with fingerspin on any yoyo that has a through-hole, like the Valor, or on any SE yoyo with Ultra-Light side-effects.

One Nutty McNutterson here on the YYE forums (Andy, where you at?) could semi-reliably hop to the Valor’s through-hole. Me, I can only ghetto matador or settle for off-axis fingerspins.

Yea, those are pretty cool ;D I can do them on the Markmonts and ultralights too but now I have a skyva that can fingerspin for longer with no effort at all so… ::slight_smile:

I’ve done it on the MMC’s before :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok so how about a sunken in side effect or little thicker body so a flater one might sit almost flush?

Ultra Lights sit flush

I think he is asking for the yo-yo to have the Side Effect sit flush with the floor of the yo-yo so if you had Flat Caps or Ultra Lights installed it would essentially have a flat, hub less floor to it. Is something like that even possible?

I think they should just make a yoyo with a cup designed for fingerspins rather than making 20g concave side effects for fingerspins.

Top Deck already looks like it does the job really well though, will need to get one sometime to try it out.

I personally don’t like the cup for the Valor that much. You could get long fingerspins if you landed in the inner ring but it’s not too good if you land in the outer ring, would’ve been better to not have an outer ring all together.

That’s what i meant and i know there’s better throws for finger spins in my opinion my marqis is excellent at it but i love side effects they add personality to your throws and would love a throw with SE and at least be able to pull off spins

You can get a few-seconds fingerspin off most if not all SE yoyos. It’s not great, but it can “at least be able to pull off spins”

No.

I know a guy who can land his finger on the tip of the spike thing on a T1 and finger spin on it…

1 Like

That is awesome!

I hurt myself once trying it one 2013 Benchmark H.