YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

Just received my Sputnik yesterday.

What a great yo-yo! I do not understand why there is not more chatter about it. I had thought is was a smaller Laser. It is more like a bi-metal E=MC^2. Nice weight, very speedy and agile. It can also be laid back when you want. It has that E=MC^2 heavy, but zippy feel to it. It is wider, like the E=MC^2; unlike the proportionally thin Laser. This makes it super-stable for a yo-yo of this diameter and width. Think of this as a lighter, turbo-charged E=MC^2.

One thing that really jumped out was the incredible quality of the machining and manufacture on this yo-yo. When the box was opened, the visual quality was readily apparent. On the string it became obvious that it is a superior-piece of machining. Even the weight rings have a cool bevel on the side that just looks sweet. The engraving is eye-catching for a change. Heck, even the color (which I was not enthusiastic about) looks awesome with the SS weight rings and the engraving. Overall, a s super-quality product. Smooth? “Precision” is a better word. If it were not for the occasional whisper from its NSK bearing, I would never know it was spinning.

I highly recommend the Sputnik. It plays unlike anything else in the Yoyorecreation family.