YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

It has a bit of a hollow feel to it and it plays very fast with great stability and long spin times; it doesn’t really seem to slow down through combos. With a good bearing you won’t feel it on the string at all but it punishes poor throws with lots of wobbles.

I hate the way the Draupnir feels on the throw. Like… HATE it. Way, way WAY too much kickback for me to enjoy.

But once it’s on the string it’s absolutely delightful and every bit as long-spinning as people say.

Hard to compromise those two things for me, but in the end, my hatred of the feeling on the throw outweighs the other. Because… you end up throwing a yoyo… a lot…

I can’t wait then.

Also found a MIB Grey one from the latest run for $210. Hoping I can afford that

You should try one of the older slimmer gapped version

well I now have a grey draupnir on order so I’m happy

It does feel kinda weird as if there’s not much weight behind your throw, but it’s not that big of deal to me. I just wish mine was blasted.

…Really? What a load of … nonsense.

Kickback… Yeah right. :slight_smile:

Yes, I’m making it up…

Or not.

Not making it up. Nope. You understand that it’s a thing rooted in physics, not perception, right? I’m very against people taking their perceptions and passing them off as reality. It’s just not a thing I’m down for. So when I make a claim about a physical phenomenon, you’d better believe it’s a real thing. Did you even watch the video in that other thread clearly and graphically demonstrating it?

You know, it’s OK for someone to not like something that you love. And the feel of the Draupnir on the throw is awful for me. I have other yoyos I can throw, so why bother? The Draupnir is definitely special, ground-breaking, and does perform excellently once it’s going. But that initial feeling is enough for me to go, “There are other yoyos I’d rather be playing. A lot of them.”

Yep, I agree. Just to put you out of your misery, I’d be willing to endure the sacrifice of you sending it to me? :-X :slight_smile:

I don’t think Greg actually owns one, which may be why he doesn’t like it. It takes a bit of getting used to compared to other yoyos.

This has probably been asked before, but how does the rebellion line compare to actual YYR in terms of quality?

1 Like

I am looking for a B grade draupnir, if you have one, pm me, and we can work out a deal!!

Any idea if YYR is going to release a new batch of colours for the draupnir? I kind of want to pick up another as a backup throw, but I don’t like any of the other colours besides the matte one that I have already. Any clue?

Silver Draupnir’s appear to be in-stock right now.

aaaaand it’s gone…

I can see some silver Draupnir’s at a certain place that sounds kind of like… “Top Gear”.

Can I say that? ???

I know exactly what site you’re talking about :wink:

Ordered one, can’t wait .

Full run of Draupnirs coming to YoYoExpert soon! Pretty happy to be getting more than 5 this time, might have to pick one up myself!

Silver ones right ?

Valkyrie is also available right now. … Unless those are also coming to YYE ???

SHH NOBODY MUST KNOW BUY[/sup] THAT[/sup] DRAUP[/sup] WHY[/sup]