MB's Powder Thread! Come & see the power of powder!

Ahh I saw that on insta. Great work as always!

1 Like

Proud new owner of that Code 2 and VERY happy! Was eyeing it when you posted it, was lucky enough to find it at the right time and even luckier I had something they wanted!!

1 Like

888 and Decapods powder coated…
888 done in a metallic red and a high gloss clear coat on the Decapods.

1 Like

Wish I could get my yoyos painted or someone could teach me how to do this to my yoyos.

Everything in this thread is powder coated.

I had never powder coated anything before…

Ten-Yo Bebop powder coated in black chrome…

1 Like

Mighty Flea powder coated in a clear flake…

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s intentional, but the Bebop getting kinda “transparent” at those edges is AWESOME looking. Or is that just light? Looks boss.

Radical Seas Set Sail powder coated…
Half pink and half black.

1 Like

Bist powder coated…
Dormant powders copper/blue.

1 Like

One of three Magic yo’s done for the French National Championships…
First is powder coated in copper leatherette.

1 Like

Magic yo #2 for the FNC’s in base black with clear red flake top coat…

#3 of the FNC Magic yo’s done in chrome base and “spun” hub…

1 Like

I just spent an hour going through this and you web page… Drooling the whole time… I will be hitting you up for some work…! Amazing keep it up…!

1 Like

General Yo Majesty in a Tiffany blue and pink fade. Flat clear coat over top…

I… I just can’t even… Like, I’ve been imagining this on a yoyo since I started. This is officially the coolest paint job I’ve ever seen, and I will definitely be saving up to have that exact thing done.

I’m still very tempted to get the Majesty phase 1 job done on mine… looks so good, the translucent and all.

For those that care to know I do not have plans to do any yoyo related work. From time to time I get a notification that someone sent a message about having something done to a throw so if I don’t reply this is why.

Doesn’t mean I don’t lurk once a year though!:wink:

6 Likes

Holy cow these look amazing :star_struck: – let me go through and edit to fix up any images I can.

(3 hours later…)

OK, everything is fixed and squeaky clean. There were a handful of posts where images were just gone completely, but the vast majority have awesome images.

This is easily one of the most amazing topics on this entire forum. I highly recommend jumping to the top:

• Click or tap the topic title at the top there ↑↑

• Press the home key on your keyboard… or press ? to see more seeecreet keyboard shortcuts :shushing_face:

• Click or tap the first date on the timeline at the right there → → (it’s at the bottom on mobile)

… and browsing this topic in detail because it… is… AMAZEBALLS.

I swear @mullicabob was doing unique custom finishes I’ve never seen on any yo-yo before, and he did it for years, all on his own, and he documented the whole process right here in this very topic for all of us :heart_eyes:

He’s also got a public Flickr here with more pics, too https://www.flickr.com/photos/mullicabob/

As well as instagram https://www.instagram.com/mullicabob/

3 Likes

That bassalope before you sent it looks sick! It looks like watermelon I love it. He did a great job though

1 Like