Customer Service      FAQ      Email Sign Up      My Account      View Cart     
YoYoExpert Forums
September 16, 2014, 09:30:02 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Forums!  Try out our new and improved chat room!

Home   Chat Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any bass Players?  (Read 1170 times)
TotalArtist
Manufacturer
Trade Count: (100)

United States United States

Fav. Yo-Yo: Yoyojam Dark Magic 2
Fav. Trick: Boing-E-Boing

Thank You
-Given: 875
-Receive: 891

"Throw rich 'til I die!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 07:34:00 PM »

I have so many favorites.  I also enjoy Jaco and Victor, but I'm also in awe of Stu Hamm with the stuff he does playing the bass as a lead.  Victor was really good live when I saw him with Marcus Miller and Stanley Clarke on tour for that album they recorded together.  That must have been a first, three well known bass players recording an album together.  Pretty cool.  Check out some of the DVDs of Victor...you can probably find a lot of that stuff on Youtube, but he's indeed a genius.  I have to admit that I'm not into the "thumping" stuff he does too much, using the bass to make percussion sounds, but that version of Amazing Grace he does is fantastic...a classic.  What bass are you guys playing?  My favorite so far is my Warwick Corvette and I play with my MK Traveler bass as a novelty...it's just a cool little toy.  I have a bunch of others, but my top 3 are the Warwick, MK Traveler, and a Fender Victor Bailey acoustic. 

cdd1983
Trade Count: (0)

Fav. Yo-Yo: I'm done playing favorites. The others are getting jealous.
Fav. Trick: The ones I can do.

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 23

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 01:00:40 AM »

Due to the fact that bass is a secondary instrument for me I just have an old beat up fender jazz. I want to pickup a six string to mess with though.

NOVA Throwers Club: http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,41966.0.html

Motto: Throw more, post less.
JonasK
Forum eXpert
Trade Count: (0)

Norway Norway

Fav. Yo-Yo: The CUT

Thank You
-Given: 32
-Receive: 333

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 04:05:23 PM »

Playing a Warwick Corvette myself. Planning to get a Fender Jazz. Those basses are just so good to play on, and they sound great.

TotalArtist
Manufacturer

Thank You

"Throw rich 'til I die!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 08:39:28 PM »

That Warwick is heavy too...sounds great, but very heavy.  I wish I had more time to play.  I have a lot of hobbies, so I have to spread myself thin with everything.  Then...there's work that gets in the way of me doing a lot of things I want to do. Sometimes I just play along with a drum machine, and I have a drum machine that has basslines included with the preset beats.  I'm able to take the basslines out and play my own, or I can keep them in and play the melody parts as lead instead.  That's a fun way to play.  I also have a loop station, and I'm able to just layer different parts until I have a whole song.  I'll play a bassline and loop that, then I'll play the melody parts...that's fun too.  I like to play the whole song with just bass except for the percussion.  Hope that all made sense, but the little toys that go with the bass are also pretty cool.  Tell me some of you guys effects units and stuff you like to use for your bass....I might get something new soon. 

TotalArtist
Manufacturer

Thank You

"Throw rich 'til I die!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 03:02:46 PM »

Before this thread dies, I have to mention that I had a nice jam session with Fellavader and Mgiroux Saturday.  We all had fun, those two on guitar, me on bass, and the drum machine was the drummer lol.  I was rusty, but we sounded good.  Me and Fellavader were talking about how yo-yos can bring cool people together.  Fellavader seem more rock/metal, Mgiroux more rock/blues and I'm the hiphop/r&b/reggae type.  We all vibed though...great time.  I brought my Schecter stilleto cause it travels well. Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: