TEN YOYO ready to release new throw. Check it out!!!!

Argh I can’t wait to get mine!

It’s on its way :wink:

the fact that you “sold” them at ner after you talked to jack and he asked you not to is underhanded to say the least…you guys have a good product and should not feel you need to resort to that kind of crap…

Ten YoYo would like to apologize to the community for taking so long responding to The Monky’s comment. I wanted to make sure we had our facts straight by personally talking to Jack. He reconfirmed we were allowed to sell our products at NER. There was no underhanded activities or hidden agendas.

not exactly the way jack said that conversation went down…all im going to say is we would have liked it if you had been a part of the growing of ner and not just there to profit from it…the fact is we like you guys…we just want you to do things the right way…i will refrain from further comment on this subject…you had the back bone to call jack and talk to him…that tell a lot about you…and its all good…thank you.

Hey Roo, are you going to post the photos you took at NER?? ??? ??? ??? 8) 8)

Would just like to post a few thoughts for Roo on the Drop Bear.

Before I begin, I would like to say that the Drop Bear is great. Very smooth and capable of fast and slow play. I like it very much, and it compares to models from many other high end companies. You two have outdone yourselves in my opinion.

I was thinking about possible colorways, and if you are accepting possible ideas, I was thinking perhaps a green and yellow colorway to match the bag would be nice. The yoyo could be the same muted green as the bag, with the engraving and any writing in that same subdued yellow color, or perhaps vice versa. Just a thought. I don’t even know if you are putting the bag with the production versions, but it is still worth mentioning. Also, perhaps matching the bag with the Drop Bear’s color on any colorway? Not just the green and yellow, but the same colors of the yoyo on the bag for all the different colorways you will offer. I know the bags are handmade, so this might be too difficult to do, but it’s just an idea.

Also, have you ever considered having the drop bears have one texture along the halves on the production run? While the matte to smooth finish looks cool, I feel that the continuation of the matte along the whole halve would improve grinds in general. While I am much enjoying my Drop Bear #10, I thought that one finish along the entirety of the yoyo would improve it in some ways, as the difficulty I experience with all types of grinds on the Drop Bear is one of the yoyo’s major drawbacks for me.

By the way, what is the string that comes with all pre-pro Drop Bears? I like it very much. I am curious whether it is a string for you guys or available to all on Yoyoexpert. Thanks in advance for a response.

Anyway, nice meeting you Roo, just figured that I would submit my thoughts on the Drop Bear. Not saying any are good, but figured that you guys might appreciate them. Respond whenever you get the chance.

I put up a link so everybody can see them in Wabbit’s photo gallery.  Got you in there ;)  NER 2012 | Flickr

Hey, it was nice meeting you too. These are some great suggestions! I like your colorway idea, but we all ready decided colors prior. Unfortunately the green and yellow wasn’t one of them. Let us see if we can do this for the next run. I think you might be interested in some of the ones we did go with Check it out:

Solids: TEN YOYO BLUE, RED, ORANGE, GRAY
Splashes: TEN YOYO BLUE W/ SILVER SPLASH , PURPLE W/ RED SPLASH, BLACK W/ YELLOW SPLASH

I have great news about the bags! They are here to stay. Not sure if I can coordinate them to match the colorways on the yoyos. However, what I can tell you is the bag you hold is rare and one of a kind. Way to go for picking one up! A funny story, I chose green because my wife had some extra scraps of fabric lying around. She is a fashion designer by trade. She comes in handy! lol. Out of my limited choices of colors, green was the most appealing. I had to make due with what I had. ha, ha.

I appreciate your concern for my tedious task of making these bags. No worries =) It’s something I enjoying doing. It’s the extra attention to detail I like about it. Plus, I feel it’s important to get this quality when you buy a high end yoyo. We hope it shows.

In regards to your question about texture, there will be major upgrade on the finish for the production Drop Bears. They are going to be bead blasted. If you had a chance to try the Decapod or Wet Whistle, they have this same exact finish. You’ll see some serious grind time. Two tone finish would be cool but it’s not something we can do right now. Maybe on the next run.

So glad you like the strings! They are our 100% Polyester Type B made from Twisted Stringz. The person behind them is Jen. Once I found she twists one string at a time, we had to get them.

Hope this has been informative to you :smiley:

Cheers!

1 Like

Cool colorways!! Hoping to pick up a production run!

Any pictures of productions? ??? ??? ???

I see you dropped them on your site. Cool. When will they release in stores? Also a sweet hat.
Link:
http://tenyoyo.3dcartstores.com/

Don’t see the purple/red splash on the website D:

Less than 2 weeks and they should be released to stores.  Thanks for the hat compliment.

Ahhh good eye, sir! We do have Purple with a Red splash and it will be appearing in one of the yoyo stores. Coming soon…

How do yah do Roo? Hope I get to see ya at worlds!!

I know this sounds extremely fan boy-ish, but i’m jumping that you replied me xD haha. Completely love Ten Yoyo although I’ve not owned anything yet, but have a Wet Whistle coming. Your logo…urgh, i LOVE IT. Loved the Decapod but couldn’t get a hold of it and loved the pre-production look of the Drop Bear. Any chances on releasing some, having that sorta look?

Always good to hear from you! I had such a great time hanging with you at Florida States. I’m definitely going to Worlds. Trying to bring the whole TEN YOYO TEAM with me too. Can’t wait to see you again.

Cheers!

LOL. No worries, mate. I appreciate your enthusiasm! You can contact me anytime. If your on FB, feel free to befriend me. PM me too.

Glad to hear you have a Wet Whistle coming your way. I still throw my Wet Whistle from our very first run. It’s all chewed up from strangers trying to “Walk the Dog” with it but I don’t mind. It’s like an old shoe. lol.

Im lucky enough to have owned 2 decapods and a wet whistle that I picked up at Va States. What run were the ones a Va? And is the drop bar machined from 7075?