Renaissance YoYo Company: Manticore *UPDATE* 5-5-12

Yeah, I’ve got another design that’s very innovative and puts a lot of weight at the rims.

You mean a regular Sandglass?

Agree 100%

Looks awesome, and if you ever need testers…

I will need testers…

pssst I could test

Most likely. But for now I need opinions, not testers.

1 Like

I love the design.

Nice design.
I love it when you draw bearing seat.

first off i really like the idea and 2nd i wanna test it as a tester XD

Ive never played a metal with that design although it does look very interesting. What I dont like about it is the same with the PSG. It will most likely be a bit awkward and possibly painful to catch because pf the shape. Still, Id like to test one to put my theory on trial

I like the hour-glass shape, and it is getting more popular.
I especially like that you decided on a D instead of a C bearing.
Makes me think of an Exit 8 without the cut on the inner lip that Duncan uses for caps.

Is it awkward because of the shape, or the not-rounded-that-much edges?

Well, since my first post wasn’t so much of a help, I think I would post again with some opinion.

Its nice that you already thinking to rounding off some sharp edges to prevent string cutting, nice choice on the bearing also to get a very extreme shape.

Anyway, the only thing I can think of is that almost horizontal catch zone near the bearing seat would cause too many friction with string when landing a trapeze like trick, might be best to slope it up a little.

Its just my opinion on design though.

If this design is goin to be produce, it will be like no other…

I see what your saying. I however think that because its sloped a bit, however little, than the force of the yoyo swinging down on the string will overpower the force of the slope. Thanks for the heads up though.

I think that the rim weight will make it a powerful throw, like an extremely wide Dif-e-yo with the weight rings in them. The shape looks more organic for an H, which I like…the envy was kind of weird, but cool too. This is also heavier, so thats a good thing in my book. I would say go with production, I would buy one if I had the money, for that looks like a beast of a yoyo…pun intended.

Thanks. The organic H-shape was what I was going for.

I was thinking first run would be purple. What do you think?

I like half/half yoyos personally, but it’s your yoyo, man, do whatever you want!

I like half/half yoyos too, but as the first run will be very limited, there would be no point.

Yeah, makes sense. I’d like to see purple.