do you listen to music when throwing?

I have recently only because I have been practicing my two minute routine for Florida States. It isn’t that I wouldn’t like to always listen to music, it is more that I don’t have set times that I practice. It is more of oh a yoyo is on the counter, I have a couple of minutes, let me throw it. Haha. Sometimes, before one of my shows I’ll take it out of my pocket and throw a few minutes or depending on the gig, I might throw a minute or so while I am DJ’ing but it is more of a quick thing and not really to the music. Other times I am just learning new tricks so I am not really focused on music mostly just the sound of Andre’s voice over and over and over telling me how to do a trick haha. Maybe I could make an Andre video remix here when I get a few days off lol.

But, I’m sure once I get a bunch of tricks under my belt I’ll be doing it more to music. Until then it is more of just a quick here or there type of thing.

I was thinking of starting a thread like this! I don’t always plan when I’m going to throw – it just happens, and sometimes, like at work or out with the wife, it’s just not convenient to plug in the earbuds, but when I do throw to music, it’s always a better time 8)

What music I listen to is a matter of my mood… some of my favorites are the Grateful Dead/Slightly Stoopid/Expendables for that spacey, relaxed vibe, but Reel Big Fish/Less Than Jake/The Donnas are always good for blowing some steam and bustin’ a few speed combos ;D

50/50 but most times listen make moves in my head and do them in real life

all the time. www.Di.fm/PsyChill

Sweet! I like some down tempo chill lounge from time to time.

We’re not happy until you’re not happy! *<B{Q>

in that case www.di.fm/lounge This is what I get to listen to all day at work! :slight_smile:

Nice. You don’t want to know what I listen to all day (music teacher) :joy:

We’re not happy until you’re not happy! *<B{Q>

HAhahahaaa! nice. Thats gotta be tough at first but worth it later.

I have an upbeat electronic/dance indie station on Pandora. So a lot of Alt J, Phoenix, MGMT, Fitz and the Tantrums, and etc. Great for finding some flow!

Vitamin String Quartet: Usually Radiohead covers.

Always lol

I do if the tv isnt on (girlfriend being home) lol

Ummm, no.

I never deliberately listen to music when I am throwing.

But often when I already am listening to music; I decide to throw for awhile.

When I decide to turn the music off; I almost always stop yoyoing at the same time.

But its just a coincidence.

:thinking:

1 Like

I usually throw past midnight (around 1am to 3am), so no. Headphones/earphones/whatever, still no, I need to hear if somebody wakes up.

I usually listen to music for 5 to 10 seconds. Then I turn it off for 10 to 15 seconds while throwing. Then I repeat. Sometimes I just whistle and hum. Every once in a while I get fancy and play the spoons.

Whenever I go to my room to throw for 30+ minutes yes. Otherwise not really

Yes

I listen to music and YouTube stuff

Yes. Hip hop.