Elk Grove/Sacramento, California: yoyo meetings!

I’m organizing casual meets for all skill toy enthusiasts, with emphasis on the yoyo. Watch this thread for announcements.

Anyhow, we’ll be meeting at the Jacinto Creek Park. This is the park  behind Irene B. West Elementary School. The area between the playgrounds and near the picnic tables. The time will be from 2PM until we feel like leaving. No costs, no dues, just show up and have fun. This is not a group, it’s not a team. It’s just for people to hang out and have a good time.

The location:
http://maps.google.com/maps?pws=0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Jacinto+Creek+Park,+West+Stockton+Boulevard,+Elk+Grove,+CA&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Jacinto+Creek+Park,&hnear=0x809ac76a3814f663:0x8f9e94b592e74c13,W+Stockton+Blvd,+Elk+Grove,+CA&cid=0,0,15844451266509389204&ei=qOAtT8vwGvDciAKBoJXFCg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CAoQ_BI

New people are always welcome, no skill toy necessary! We’ll go over gravity pull, sleeper and walk the dog, and more if people want it. I’ll also have plenty of examples of different yoyos on hand. Plenty to try! Very large personal collection of yoyos available. This includes plastic, metal/plastic and metal yoyos. Looping yoyos, string trick yoyos, off-string yoyos and even yoyos set up for 5A. Most yoyo brands are represented, including Duncan, Yomega, YoYoJam, YoYoFactory, One Drop and CLYW just to name a few. Models range from super affordarable yet durable and quality low-cost models, all the way up to some of very expensive models.

I’ll also be taking questions from kids AND parents except “can I have a free yoyo”, to which the answer will be “NO”

So, bring a friend, bring a relative, bring a parent(or two) and BRING YOUR YOYO(s) or other skill toys!! This is weather permitting though, so if it rains, I’m gonna have to bail out on this. If you have a Duncan ProZ, you’re required to bring it!

There’s a water fountain nearby as well as restrooms. There are plenty of picnic tables close by as well. We’ll mostly be on the grassy areas so we don’t mess up our yoyos.

Please send PM’s if you read this and are going to be attending. Don’t feel you have to send a PM in order to attend, I’m just trying to get an idea of numbers.

I’m going to aim for running this most Sundays. Later on my schedule will busy up and I’ll maybe be able to do this once a month.

Remember, ALL skill toys welcome. Let me list a few things just to give you an idea:
Yoyo
Diabolo
Kendama
Juggling, including balls, hoops, rings, clubs and more, provided they are “safe” objects since this will be around people.
Footbags/hackysack
Flying discs/frisbee
Those who can do “magic” and illusions
Gyroscopes
Contact Juggling
Poi
Card flourishing
Cubism including Rubik’s Snake
Metal Disentanglement puzzles

We’ll even take jump rope and hula hoops.
Slinky fans: The nearby playground slides might be good places to walk your slinky down but I’m not entirely sure as I haven’t tried mine yet!

Sound good? See you there!

Update:

March 4th, 2012, the day AFTER CalStates. I have decide to keep the meeting time, 2PM at the park. I may be too sore to throw, but hey, if new people want to show up, I want them to have a place to show up to.

The location again:
http://maps.google.com/maps?pws=0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Jacinto+Creek+Park,+West+Stockton+Boulevard,+Elk+Grove,+CA&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Jacinto+Creek+Park,&hnear=0x809ac76a3814f663:0x8f9e94b592e74c13,W+Stockton+Blvd,+Elk+Grove,+CA&cid=0,0,15844451266509389204&ei=qOAtT8vwGvDciAKBoJXFCg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CAoQ_BI

I’ll be sore and tired and maybe “all yoyo’d out”, but I’ll be there!

On weekend that Studio42 can not make it out pm me and I will try to make it out.

Studio42 Won’t be able to make it this weekend. I will be available Friday ,Saturday, and Sunday anytime. Just send me a PM and I will make it out to the park or some other place in the South Sac/Elk Grove area.

Today May 5th,
If any one wants to meet up in the South Gate area, just PM me or post here . I will be available any time today. Just remember to bring your PRO-Zs !!!

Sorry, personal problem have been a major distraction this week.

Let’s aim for 2PM, Sunday June 3, 2012 at the Jacinto Creek park. Any and ALL skill toys are accepted! I can guarantee spintops, diabolo ad yoyos will be there! No fees, no obligation, no commitment. Heck, there’s hardly any order! This is not a club and this is not a team, it’s just a casual, organized meet-up. All skill levels welcome from noob to pro are welcome. Sponsored players, non-sponsored players, it’s all good. No skill toy? Come and try and figure out if it’s for you, provided the people want to share.

Oh, and bring your ProZ yoyos!

Possible meet at my house on June 2nd. Gotta see how the grass is and clear the lawn of “pug dog land mines”. But, you need to text or PM or email ahead for that one if you’re new.

Here we go again.

June 9th is a “maybe”. I might have to be out for some birthday party or something. That’s not the big point.

Let’s aim for June 10th, 2012. For now, let’s assume Jacinto Creek Park. I’m thinking of moving the location to Shasta Park, which is near the library. There’s more activity over there, I’m thinking it might be a better spot. Might have more shade trees. If I get a chance, I’m gonna do a scouting run over that way. If it has restrooms and water fountains, I’d say that might be a good new location. I think it does have parking space as well, so good for parents and kids!

Why do they have to bring Pro-zs?

When I posted that Toys R Us had ProZ’s at the local Toys R Us, that store went from 8 pegs FULL of them, to like 5-8 left OVERNIGHT. I went back 24 hours later to get a different colored one and, while luck was on my side, the inventory was decimated!

So, there’s a lot of folks in Sacramento with ProZ yoyos. Why not bring them and learn how to use them?

Of course all brands and models are welcome. I just figure “hey, I got this ProZ, now what”… well, come on out and we’ll show you how to do cool stuff with it.

Reminder for June 10th!

June 10, 2012, Jacinto Creek Park, behind Irene B. West Elementary. Sunday. 2PM. See you there!

No meet on June 24th. I’ll be too beat after my gig on the 23rd.

I’m out of town the next weekend, so if theroybit posts something, please try to show up.

Bring the ProZ’s! ToysRUs has plenty in stock!!! Bring any yoyo!!

No meeting scheduled for July 1, 2012. If theroybit wants to organize something, then it’s as official as if it’s coming from me, so show up and bring them ProZ yoyos!(or any yoyo or any skill toys) I’m thinking a new location might be the order of the day. But, this weekend I will be out of town so I can’t make it. I may try visiting the Sunshine Kite Company in Redondo Beach on Saturday, June 30th. But I honestly won’t know anything until Saturday. Txt me at my cell phone number if you want to meet there. As I suggested, I can’t guarantee anything, but I’ll get back to you ASAP. My wife and kids want sand and corrosive salt air. I just want spinning metal and plastic discs!

I will be around this weekend. If any one wants to me up just PM or reply here.
Thanks.

Moving my meet this Sunday to San Jose for FellowShip Of The Strings. No, not taking them over, just choosing to have my meet with them this weekend, July 8, 2012. This will be a Fellowship of the Strings meet though!

Just waiting to get the times. Follow their thread for information on this. Can’t wait to lug my collection around! Got cases and am good to roll!

Note:

Even though I am going to be in San Jose at a meet, theroybit is as always, free to arrange meets for Sacramento/Elk Grove as well. So, if he posts up wanting a meet, then please respond if you can and even better, show up!

I’m also hoping to attend YoLex on Saturday to make arrangements for a contest on the 21st in Roseville for YoLex!

(Yes, I’m bringing the Arctic Circle, Sky Walker, KLR and many more high end throws. Cascade and Nessie arriving soon!)

No meet scheduled for July 15th. I have a gig the 13th so I know I’m gonna be too sore.

If you want a meet, PM me or text me and I’ll reconsider. I know a lot of you want to get your hands on my CLYW’s, One Drops, G-Squared, and much, MUCH more!

Yes, try Peaks, AC, Chief, Burnside, Code 2, Code 1, Nessie, Albatross, Hazman, Solaris, KLR, Sky Walker, Essence, Beysick and so many more I can’t even keep it straight.

Trying again.

August 5th, 2 PM, Jacinto Creek park near the covered picnic tables if nobody is throwing some sort of party. Trying to figure out if Shasta Park might be a better location with more trees and shade.

Let me know. Open to other locations. All skill toys welcome!! Spin tops, diabolo, yoyo juggling, cubing, card flourishing, cuponk, cup stacking(bring your own table), metal disentanglement puzzles, kites, frisbee, foot bags and more.

Find me on Facebook under “TheRealStudio42”. See you there! I’m putting the event up tonight.

Ugh. Stomach bug kept me nailed all weekend. Sorry if anyone showed up.

As these aren’t going so well, please PM me any interests. I’ve got to focus on other stuff so I don’t want to add distractions for August if it’s not necessary. I have a 2 day event coming up now and then a 3-4 day event the weekend after, then September I’m off for some health-related reasons(nothing to be concerned about) and then October I have a 3 day film festival to deal with and then a show the Thursday after that long weekend. November I’m gone for a weekend on vacation, and December I have at least 1 event.

I am always around also. So if your new or just coming thru the South Sacramento/ Elk Grove, area hit me up.