im starting out

im a starter, and i have a duncan BK coming next week, do you have any tips on learning?

1 Like

I also need some tips on throwing, Ive spent 3 plus hours just trying to throw the thing straight and nada

1 Like

Have you watched this? :

vids deleted.

[b]This is a spin top discussion. Not for yoyoing.

Thanks
Icthus[/b]

Have you read this?
http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php?topic=25361.0

Hello,

I just bought a strummol8 Augusta, and I cant seem to get it to stand up and spin! I can get my Duncan Imperial to spin all day long, but this one has a much longer string and it seems to grab at the last part of the throw. Any tips would be great.I almost got it to spin a few times.

1 Like

Try shortening your string by wrapping it around the palm of your hand one time and see if that helps. Just as an experiment. I’d say you’ve just gotten used to throwing with a certain length string. Others may disagree but it doesn’t hurt to try and this way you don’t ruin your string.

On the Strummol8 tops I have, the string is the right length. They are a very different throwing experience than a Duncan Imperial though!
If you throw it the way you are used to, the top will hit the ground before it completely unwinds from the string, you have to throw harder and aim a little higher, or let go with your throw hand a little higher than you may be used to. Make sure the wrap is very smooth and tight also.
I don’t have that exact top, but I would guess the string should measure around 64”.

I know I have a Quicksilver which is larger and a fair amount heavier than the next one down that I have, and I continue to occasionally struggle with it regularly even though I can pick it up again and throw it perfectly. Size shape and weight do affect the style of throw as well. Some larger ones are even thrown bowling ball style.