please answer

hi guys

please answer me :
i have read on rewind for yoyos is the yyr sleipner is ( made for contest and it maybe vabrate after screow it in or out for one or two times )
is this right because its a very expensive yoyo

If i’m understanding you correctly, your saying that you read somewhere that the Sleipner can develop vibration after screwing it and unscrewing it a couple times? I would think that the only way that could happen is if you accidentally crossthreaded it or did a terrible tuning job or something. I dont know where you read that, but I’ve never tried one personally, but YYR yoyos are rediculously popular and i think if something like that was common they wouldn’t get away with selling their yoyos for 170$ and up and continue to be in such high demand. Just my thoughts, but then again iam not familiar with YYR throws.

you haven’t been to Rewind as of late then. I’ll quote it.

“BEFORE YOU BUY YYR YO-YOS, PLEASE READ THIS.
They are designed to be best spinning and performing yo-yos for the competition scene. They are not designed to spin smoothly or elegantly. They might vibrate after unscrewing/screwing once or twice. They are very tight with body and bearing locks. The color might have some smear due to the material they chose for the best performance. They are like Formula-1 racing cars. They are very sensitive with tuning, adjusting and balance. You can ruin the yo-yo with any normal action you might think normal. Again, they are the formula-1 cars, be ready for driving them. Also, all yo-yos are tested by hand of YYR crews, so all piece is approved by them to meet their standard. If you have any problem with their yo-yos, play and maintain them like a pro, they are sold for pros, not for the collectors or amateurs.”

I thought I heard someone say that there were only problems with the later runs like the E=MC² and Acrophobia. I think a Sleipnir should be relatively safe but yes, there is a small chance it may vibe.

Whoa, I’ve definetely never heard or read that. But like I said I’ve never tried one.

Yeah, the whole thing and how they try to market it off is kind of bologna, in my opinion. If I were you, I’d try to find one on the forum before you go to the stores. At least that way you can get someone’s word that it’s smooth and mint(if you’re lucky.)

Apparently a Formula 1 Race car has more play in the tolerances than a YYR.

They might want to hire a mechanic to deal with those kind of issues.

Sounds more like a bunch of CYA verbage:

Let me translate:

We’re grossly over-priced, and as a result, due to the nature of the real world, there may be some issues that can crop up that can occur with any yoyo, and hence any mechanical device. These are meant to be thrown, not a piece of art. Don’t whine if there is vibe, as any spinning object is subject to vibe. Our price leads you to have unrealistic expectations, so we’d just like to say that our product can have the same issues as any other yoyo.

1 Like

Lol, that makes me laugh.

Not that extream, no. My clash has no vibe and I have unscrewed and rescrewed it daily many times, it is a wonderfull yoyo and they are great performing yoyos. When they do unscrew there can be a vibe but it is very miniscule, you can hardly notice it. You know that clyw tiny tiny vibe…less than that is the amount of vibe they are talking about. They are high priced due to material and performance capabilities, if you don’t like the price then just don’t buy, plain and simple…but if you have not tried any then you can’t really talk bad about them. In this case for once it is a “get over it” kind of deal.