Brazilian yoyo string review - Angel Hair, Mondos, Ying-Yangs

cheers! yeah i would defiantly recommend them!

Angel hair is nylon ???

Nope.

Anyways, I’m going to take a trip to Brasil this summer. I was actually born there. When I found out they had someof the world’s best yoyo string, I got my relatives who live there on the phone. Vulto here I come! :stuck_out_tongue:

i double checked then! lol i checked the website and it says 100% polyamide.

polyamide IS nylon :o. Look that it says at euro-yo

Pack of 5 Brazilian Angel Hair yo-yo Strings. 100 Percent Nylon (Polyamide).

Angel Hair strings are 100 per cent Nylon handmade Brazilian yoyo strings. This string is very firm.

lol! ether way then its the same stuff and doesn’t really change anything haha!

Is it very rough? I dont feel the love I used to from nylon string anymore :’(

its a strange one! its feels a bit rough to start of with but it breaks in nicely! not the roughest ive felt

coughlets hope you like Elementscough

lol, let hope it has good stirng tension or those things are going into the garbage, o wait, my mom uses my strings to sow stuff together…

Awesome.

I use Mondo and I hope you like it. It is an amazing string, whips, laceractions, fast and Pink!!!

Nice review!

yeah I think I’m gunna review them next iv got 4 different colours to choose from haha! I’ll start playin with them today! Looking forward to it!

MONDO! youre up!

Firstly let me say sorry! its been like 16 days since the last review, and i said id do one per week, but ive had loads of assignments and exams and university so ive had no time! but that all been handed in (and passed might i add! lol)

so…mondos…whats the deal?

Description (from www.yoyoz.co.uk)

Mondo Handmade Brazilian 100% Polyester

Mondo strings are hand made in brazil from 100% polyester they are definitely different from our Mexican strings they are softer, thinner & longer the colours are very vibrant indeed. We have them in 9 fabulous colours

Mondos are hand made for us in Brazil and we rate them as the best poly strings we have used they are type 10 which makes them very soft and strong

Looks

yoyoz.co.uk sell them in 9 colours - red, black, blue, pink, orange, purple,yellow, green, white.
I was sent the blue, pink, green orange and black. All of the colours are super vibrant and lasted quote a while without fading.

Feel

they feel really soft almost cotton like, upon a few fast boomerangs of eli-hops i was getting a few burns not unbearable but not good, after about 20mins of play they brake in nicely and burns are few and far between, only if u pull the string right along youre finger (but why would you do this anyway?)

Play

These stings play super smooth and hold their tension well (at first) as for whips and slacks these strings are awesome (at first) that after a while say about 15-20 mins they start to loose their tension holding capabilities, which ruins the slacks & whips. which is a shame, i had high hopes for these. however this isnt enough to ruin them, but a bit of tension adjustment is needed. Then whips and slacks are good again. This doesn’t last for more that 15-20mins. so if you dont mind adjust tension every 15-20 mins and every 5 mins when these stings are getting old then youll be fine!

final thoughts.
This sting is pretty sweet nice colours not much by the way of burns, however more tension adjustment is need than angel hair, but less than others for example highlights. on the hole a good sting but i prefer angle hair.

rating out of 10… 8/10

next review will be in 1 week a promise! haha next up Ying-Yangs

how good are they in slacks, whips, and suicides?

edited, slacks whips!

I just got some Angel Hairs.

Mine take a while longer to “Break In”.

My fingers have like slashes across them from tricks :-X

Brazilian Strings are da bomb.

yeah they are!
slashes! OWCH! :o i must have rough hands or sumat even when i get burns i never cut myself lol

I have been yoyoing to much lately. My fingers hurt a ton, but I can’t stop throwing :stuck_out_tongue:

I have soft hands :smiley:

well they do say “no pain no gain”, or “you must suffer for your art” or any other of those old Clichés! lol

Right the last review on this thread! Ying-Yangs youre up!!

Ok i said that i would write this review in one weeks time, and you may notice that its a little under a week (1 day lol) i would have written this review earlier because it didnt take me that long to make my mind up about this string, but i though no wait it out carry on playing see if anything changed it didnt. Anywho on with the review (hey that kinda rhymes… ::)) lol

Discriptions (by yoyoz.co.uk)

Hybrid “Yin Yang” Handmade Brazilian Polyamide/Polyester £1.95

Yin Yang Strings are hand made in Brazil from a mix of 50% polyamide (like angel hair) and 50% polyester (like mondo) and as such they play just as you would expect a cross of those to play they are softer than angel hair and stiffer than mondo’s at the moment we have them in purple/green and black/white they come in packs of 10.

I must say that I dont agree total with this description especially the “softer than angel hair and stiffer than mondos” bit.

Looks.

These strings do look awesome I have to admit, I do love a mixed colour string. The purple and green looks SWEET! and the black and white doesn’t look half bad either. Shame there aren’t more colours.

Feel.

OMG this stuff is stiff! actually its worse that stiff lol its…well…er… super stiff! lol it thought id bought piano wire at first! i was expecting it to slice my finger straight off! so as you can imagine its pretty rough! so i was ready to break out the bandages after a trip to the local ER and a stay on the heavy burns unit at the hospital i work at! (i know them so i was expecting nice treatment.)

Play.

When you hold a loop to test ur tension you would normally see a nice curved loop, and you know you’re good to go! Not with ying-yangs, its kinda squared edgy loop kind like _/. This aint such a bad thing as it hold slacks and suicide really nice at first. But sadly that aint gunna last. After about 10-15mins of play they start to break in and you start to breath a sigh of relief (well your fingers do!) Then it hits you, just how little tension these strings can handle. Iv never had so many bad binds! If you make anything but a tiny loop to put in the gap to cause a bind, you get bad ones! Im now like one of those SAS guys you see taking apart their gun, except Im doing it with my yoyo! Click Click Click (bad bind out) Click Click Click! DONE SIR!!! Then 2 mins later CLICK CLICK…you get the idea! Whilst on the subject of binds, before these strings break in, they are really hard to bind, every time they slip out! I resorted to double binding!

Over all!

to be honest I was expecting good things from these strings. Sadly I was disappointed! Yeah sure they look sweet (and aesthetics mean a lot to me when it comes to yoyoing) but how far can you get on looks, unless you’re a model, and what good is model string? Slacks etc are good at first but this doest last! sadly I don’t thing I’ll be buying more!

over all score 3/10

Soooo which string am I gunna buy now? ANGEL HAIR! FTW! lol I may buy mondos if i feel the the need for colour! but angel hair is the string for me!!

slightly off topic but has anyone ever dyed string? does it effect the string? im going to have a bash! ill let you know what happens!