ratfacedudeguy's Handy-Dandy Guide to YYR Authentication

I’m having a little problem trying to understand what you’re saying.
Did you just basically said that Kengo actually made his YYR in China while making people believe that they were made in Japan? I don’t think he will ever do that, and I’m not talking about quality.

I never doubt that you can’t make a yoyo in China as good as if you make it in Japan, the thing is, there is high quality and there is low quality regardless of the location. In the end it depends on the manufacturer if they wanna push it or not.

One of the main problem with YYR fakes is because they were trying to copy a 7075 design in 6061. When you have an optimized 7075 with very thin wall and thick rim and then remake it using 6061 instead, it’s too fragile. CLYW, Onedrop etc on the other hand choose the material BEFORE designing, so they only went as far as 6061 limit can go.

I strongly disagree with this one. Maybe I’m more sensitive than you, but since they are made with different material they totally play different. However if they made the copy with the same 7075 with similar machining standards, most likely I can’t tell.