ratfacedudeguy's Handy-Dandy Guide to YYR Authentication

Yeah, right. You are just an innocent bystander. You ARE technically and morally rewarding those that steal the hard-work of others. That makes you just as guilty as the bootleggers. That you feel innocent is exactly the morality that bootleggers rely on to continue their thievery.

Murica’

Bootlegs arnt $80 they are like $32 on Billy Bobs Bait and Tackle

Don’t mention other stores, for heavens sakes.

Yeah, and they were 80 when this was made.

I saw that there were bootlegs made of TP also, Any idea what models? Or how to authenticate a TP Leviathan2?

Not sure, but I would suppose the axle and bearing seat might be different.

I’m on a quest to get all the YYRs. How prevalent are these counterfeits at this point? I am doing my best to stick to well established community members, and buying from reputable stores. Can you guys help me identify genuine from counterfeits from photos?

Any new counterfeits appear since the last posts in this thread.

Counterfeits aren’t all that common nowadays, as the only counterfeited models have now been “discontinued” by YYR.

They’re going to use this thread now to make them 100% identical now… :wink: ;D ;D :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

POST #2000

I hope it’s okay to necro for additional info.
I had one that is not heavy at all… One thing though, it actually plays like 65-66 grams until I weight it.

I heard there are fake lasers is that true?

Some of the fakes can’t even get it right, they wobble to the point it’s unplayable. I only knew Acrophobia is one of the ‘newer’ fakes.

yes… thats right… ;D

my post in the other thread

"IMHO
I own 21 YYR, the first I bought it in 2010, I consider them excellent yoyo but in recent years I have made some ideas, which I share with you.
of these 21 are Chinese yoyo 7 copies … made no Alu (7075) but in anticorodal (6061), all made so great and they play perfectly … all arrived in absolutely identical boxes to those “official” it is seen that all outputs are the same factory, the only difference is that those copies start with a bit 'of difficulty for bad tolerances between cover and base (b-grade say).
how it can go any anything?
copy the models were ever produced and put on the market only after years of official ones, by which time these models have made their history and then copies can not “cannibalize” the official ones.
between copies and ufficilali there are always small differences, almost never visible to the eye (1-2 grams of weight for example) so as to make them identifiable in any case).
if I compare the Draupnir to Start the Riot I see that they are identical in construction and almost certainly have come out of the same factory and processed by those machines.
I have many doubts about where YYR have been worked over time and the fact that the birth of the copies is completely foreign to the will of the YYR same … but the thing becomes irrelevant because in China have the same machines and skills that they have in Japan now, so ultimately my thought is that the Draupnir is certainly a great yoyo but it is overrated and certainly not worth the cost involved in its purchase, much better the Start the Riot, same quality (the difference aluminum is negligible), excellent playability, the most honest price (high anyway but honest).

P.S. YYR with which the best game? copy of Sleipnir 63 gr . plays a lot better than “real” … faster and more responsive, very stability and identical feeling"

P.S.
as to the accuracy, the Mr. Butcher are clearly original, the Acrophobia Chinese copies … you tell me …

I used to have a fake Sleipnir and tried some other copies, I assure you that they are not even close quality wise, and the weight is different too.
I agree China have engineers and the machines just as good as the rest of the world, the thing is, it depends on the manufacturer itself if they want to push quality or not. A made in Japan yoyo made with low standards will be well, bad. When you compare YYR vs Rebellion, you probably have about the same standards because they are designed by Kengo anyway. And the price difference is mainly from the labor difference, not necessarily that they charged high on purpose because it’s made in Japan thus higher quality.
However, fake and real is not even comparable. My fake Sleipnir is not even playable anymore after a few dings because the body got bent.

I do not have to provide anything, as I said I have them and use them for years is true (14) that copies (7), the difference is only in your head and probably in the fact that the Chinese copies you just purchased b-grade (which cost less) and not a-grade.
it is logical that the 7075 is more resistant to shocks of 6061 … but no one ever denigrated products CLYW, the General-YO, the 1Drop, etc. and they are committed with the same material of the Chinese copies of YYR … so where’s the problem? in prejudice of people who do not look past over to the name of a brand … and I repeat, no one ever take away from his head that even the original YYR were machined from the same industry in China who made copies … all in agreement with Kengo itself (clearly years later when that model has now made its history, clearly also creating utilities for YYR same … maybe lowering the production cost of the original ones, while people over another economic yoyo take what, we see that they are still a product of YYR and maybe with time takes his voglis buying one original, to see how much better … (little… imho)

P.S. the Sleipnir to 63 grams. has its perfect weight … only after having been able to enjoy it with the copy I understood why the few bought the Jealousy (Kazuma Ohno signature proto ever released permanently) so they spoke well of what yoyo! Substantially was a Sleipnir of 56 mm diameter, 42 mm in width and 62.7 gr. of weight.

I’m having a little problem trying to understand what you’re saying.
Did you just basically said that Kengo actually made his YYR in China while making people believe that they were made in Japan? I don’t think he will ever do that, and I’m not talking about quality.

I never doubt that you can’t make a yoyo in China as good as if you make it in Japan, the thing is, there is high quality and there is low quality regardless of the location. In the end it depends on the manufacturer if they wanna push it or not.

One of the main problem with YYR fakes is because they were trying to copy a 7075 design in 6061. When you have an optimized 7075 with very thin wall and thick rim and then remake it using 6061 instead, it’s too fragile. CLYW, Onedrop etc on the other hand choose the material BEFORE designing, so they only went as far as 6061 limit can go.

I strongly disagree with this one. Maybe I’m more sensitive than you, but since they are made with different material they totally play different. However if they made the copy with the same 7075 with similar machining standards, most likely I can’t tell.