Z-Tutorials 1a thread: 7-27-14 Slinko

If anyone out there needs help with any kind of trick, please do ask and I will try to make a tutorial for it as fast as I can. With the use of Gopro, this will be amazing.

~Z

OK, got one that looks interesting to me. Your Z-Mas 2011 Vid, there is a trick called “Clause”. How about a tut on that one please. ;D

Z-tutorial 1a: Z-style Double GT

Ever wanted to learn a different way to get into a DOUBLE Gt without the crazy knot part at the end of the trick? Well if you learn this version you will not have to deal with it and you will know a different style to get into said trick!

This is my version of the Double GT. Using a rolling type of motion that I have used in a few other tricks, I can get into the double green triangle with much easier, flashier, and the end trick does not end in a pseudo knot causing you to get out of it much easier.

I’ll definitely get to that trick for you since you were one of few to make a request. Okay :slight_smile:

Thank you. Those new Roman named tricks you got look pretty sweet too.

Z-tutorial on Pathos

Pathos began with inspiration to make a trick similar to how Gacek does a lot of his technical tricks. At the time I was trying to motivate myself to develop a style that had a moebius influence but still evolve to what my style is today. This trick has some neat elements to it like chopsticks tech, folding manuevers and buckets that all blend together to make one hella hard tech trick known as Pathos.

Overall, this has to be one of the most difficult 1a tricks I’ve developed.

Z tutorials presents: Future Zipper

Future zipper is a sidestyle into front style hybrid trick that utilizes the use of crossing arms to do a repeater trick. My goal at the time I figured this out was trying to make a neat sequal to the original 1a Zipper trick using modern elements. The use of vertical like tricks in a repeat fashion really makes a neat effect how your arms weave with the yoyo itself.

~Z

Z-tutorials presents: Dimension Ghost.

Dimension Ghost, oh one of my most favored suicide type of tricks named after a football technique from the anime “Eyeshield 21”. This trick was a follow up from when I created “Like a boss”. I was trying to shoot for a sequel type of trick and this was formed. This trick is a breaker type of trick into a 360 suicide but you land in a regular trapeze.

Really fun trick and looks great when done in a smooth manner. Sorry for the crazy hair, made this at 4 in the morning. Also: Bunnies.

Thanks for the tuts Zammy!

Z-tutorials presents: Gladiator

Gladiator is the sequel trick to the original neck wrap trick of mine known as “Ballista”. It starts out nearly similar to Ballista but it has a few added maneuvers so it ups the difficulty of the overall trick and presentation. Its pretty much a powered up/ex version. None the less, its an awesome trick when done smoothy. This trick can cause neck burn big time though so be careful!

Had to think of a related weapon like trick name, and at the time I was influenced by Roman Antiquity. Gladius means sword, and thus found Gladiator to be a fitting name for this.

~Z

Legionnaire is a tech trick from my video “Integrity” I did back in March and it featured this trick. I was trying to shoot for a sequel trick from the original called “Advent Children” and suceeded. This trick features a really neat double reject/slack spin that if done smoothly has a neat weave effect as well as a breaker like move at the end to finish it off. Overall I am pleased with it but can be hard to do. Its definitely tech-like.

Be sure to keep an eye out for more Z-tutorials in the future. Still trying to shoot for one a week! Other then that, there is nothing more to say. Goodluck with the trick

Z-tutorials presents: Passage

For the longest time I had been trying to figure a Tunnel concept mixed with a suicide like trick in order to make a new hybrid trick. After fiddling around with ideas for over a year or so I finally came down to this. The tunnel x suicide part happens at the end when you literally have to fling it. Yes I do realize, you could just do a simple arm tunnel and do the same fling type of motion, but that really is just boring and this spices things up and gives more of a visual.

Its not too hard for people out there to pick up, just have to do the swing right and catch it.

Got this one down pretty easy. Thanks zammy :slight_smile:

Keep it up

1 Like

Z-tutorials Presents: Gemini

After doing other variations and exploring the whole entire “Virgo” mount that I have been fiddling around with, I was trying to figure out a over the arm type of concept with it. Doing the first over the arm movement in this, I quickly realized you can do the same concept on the otherside and try to interwoven between the two arms creating a really neat repeating process.

So there you go, the trick known as Gemini. You can repeat the process as many times as you want similar to other repeating concept

~Z

Z-tutorials presents: Grandiose

This specific trick was the most popular out of my recent fully length clip video “Perseverance”. That whole video in general is considered a cluster of bangers left and right. Because of the niceness of my heart, I did a tutorial for this for you all.

This type of full on trick was caused because of inspiration from Yuuki Spencer, who did that same type of houdini mount but I did my own variation to it and so forth. The main point of this trick is the double loop slack and then it transits into a series of rolls.

Great trick, and fun stuff to learn

Z-tutorials presents: Grandiloquent

After finishing with the trick Grandiose, I was trying to figure out how I could possibly do a sequel trick from it. The initial mount that I do for it was new to me, so I wanted to expand on it. Expanding it lead to different slack maneuvers that flowed well just looked pretty to me. Thus the creation of “Grandiloquent” was born.

This trick has the same pop up into the mount but follows through with multiple slacks in it with twists and turns, ending with double breakers. Really keeps to its name really and very well worth learning.

This trick is from the video “Strength and Honor”.

1 Like

sweet stuff. thanks Zammy!

I did it! coff coff GASP COFF*… CLUNK

Z-tutorials presents: Sacra

Scara is essentially just a different way in order to make a Eiffel Tower. But, with the difficulty increased, I add in the slack suicide portion to it to spice it up and thus created this specific trick. Its nifty, its quick and a pain in the butt.

A quick tip for this trick is when you get to the slack/suicide portion of the trick is to go as fast as you can with it because the portion of string likes to make the yoyo tilt very quickly. So you have to be careful.

~Z

Z-tutorial presents: Heart Vessel!

New 3d type trick from my last full length video. rolls into a picture trick that can break back to a trapeze. Really neat stuff. Was one of the better tricks in the video.

Goodluck on learning it.

~Z

Z-tutorials presents: False Blitz

Something that most people should understand is that when it comes to my tricks, I constantly push out sequal or saga type tricks. This constantly makes what I do evolve at an accelerated rate and gives me that freshness that I like with yoyoing. Its always been my secret to my throwing. Well, this trick is no exception of that way I make tricks.

False-blitz is the sequal to the trick “Alleluia” which…wasn’t that good. Had slow flow and too techy. So for a sequal trick I tried to simply and make it a little flashy. I also learned some Anthony Rojas type tricks to help with elbow use which really helped out. One of my fun tricks due to the tech and the regen at the end.

Go learn!