The Decapod by TEN YOYO - Yet another YOYO Company :P

How ya goin!

Check out the promo video of the Wet Whistle by TEN YOYO

Thanks for watching  :wink:

hey, make sure the decapodes, edges aren’t too sharp to it woun’t be a string cutter

you might be able to drive the cost of your production down a little more with 2024 alu in place of 7075.
its strength and hardness characteristics are very similar to 7075, the only major difference is 7075 has a higher zink content for corrosion resistance.

Kyle

Thanks for your concern. So far we haven’t had any string cutting or mishaps from the Decapod. That is why we are still prototyping. Eventhough the Decapod is designed with edges, we put a radius on all the proper places. For more safety measures, these yoyos are electropolished and bead blasted to avoid cutting. Especially around the prone places like the bearing area.

-Cheers!

Thanks for the advice. Do you know how well it anodizes?

it requires a slightly different process then 6061 or 7075 because it has a higher copper content. i would check with you anodizers to see their capabilities and if what their price difference may be.

-Kyle

:o :o :o

That video has a great sense of production quality
or maybe I just loved the song ether way lol

Its great to see so much advice flying around

Hope all your dreams for TEN YOYO come true
because I think you guy have a solid amount originality in your throw designs

Keep it up

PLEASE PM I WILL HAPPILY BUY ANY OF THESE WHEN THERE READY
;D

Please pm me when you advance some more with the wet whistle. Clever idea and amazing looking throw. I’m ecstatic about the width and profile of it/ all around unique design! It seems there are too few wide yoyos of quality on the market. I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to test any prototype you could spare. I’d pay you if need be, but if anything else, let me know as soon as they are available and I will be ready to purchase a finished product!

PS: nice website!

-Evan

Thanks a lot man! We’ve had a lot of fun doing the video. There are a lot of cool places in NYC.

I like how the yoyo community offers advice too. It’s helped TEN YOYO get off to a great start.
We’ve had a pleasant experience and that’s why we want to continue this good deed.

uncoated 7075 corrodes over time, much more so than 6061.

The 7000 and 2000 series alloys have great strength, and they do anodize just fine, but the anodizer needs to know what alloy they are in advance so they can adjust for them. If they try to do them the same as 6061 they’re going to be awful.

7075 has the advantage of being very easy to get an insane shine on if that’s the kind of thing you’re looking for.

Kyle

:)I really like it! How much is it going to be?

Thank you for your enthusiastic response ;D

We have 4 Wet Whistles left and they sell for $95.00 These are very,very rare and available now from TEN YOYO’s website. Go to the shop link on TEN YOYO website for more details.

The next set of Wet Whistles will be available soon and will sell for $115.00.

Wabbit and I are working out the price on the Decapod. What I do know, the price will be equal or greater than the price of the second run of Wet Whistles.

Cheers!

We have shirts! Order yours today :wink:

http://www.tenyoyo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/100_4601.jpg

http://www.tenyoyo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/tshirt-back.jpg

Just tossed up my review of the Wet Whistle (which I happened to purchase while drinking). Loving it, can’t wait for the Decapod.

Thanks for your review. I was laughing when Wabbit told me he talked to you right after you bought it. I think you purchased the yoyo at the perfect the moment lol.

Cheers,

-Roo

Roo, I found it pretty comical when Wabbit told me about how the cups can be used to pour drinks. I suppose it was just meant to be. I love the Wet Whistle and can’t wait to get a Decapod.

Rob

The Decapod looks a bit like the monkeyfinger evilyo. Was that inspiration or coincidence?

I was surprised too when I saw the YoYo. I guess this shows how our subconscious minds are all interlinked. Good job on them :slight_smile:

That decapod looks beautiful :smiley: It makes my wallet want to sneak out of my pocket and buy one for itself.