The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

Just did an archery suicide.

1 Like

wat

The second time i got to see a simplified entry to a trick bcof a miss in the previous step of a long combo
1:21

KWIJIBO!!!

(Insert mental image of old guy running around in circles)

I also learned how to get into and out of the wrist mount this past week.

Shuv-it on my No-Jive!

Nice!
Landing the second hop in Kwijibo took me a while to get consistent…

My first attempt at a GT Suicide. Shortly after I went to do it again…wind picked up and blew that triangle right into the gap and BAM! Insta-Knuckle Buster! Not once, but twice after the first attempt and success (with the exception of some sketchiness)

Behind the Back Kickflip (On my butterfly)

Cold Fusion ANDDDDD Boingy Boing just now! I feel so happy, and proud of myself ;D

laceration. Granted, it isn’t super complicated, but, I’ve been working on it for about 45 minutes and seem to be pretty consistent now. This is what I love about throwing, the little victories are super motivating.

Zach Gormley’s slack roll to GT trick! Took me some time to figure it out, but I got it!

Landed 2 tricks: A Hook and Tower to Ping Pong

About the Ping Pong, it’s got some work, mainly trying to get that string the right length so I can ping it back and forth…followed by snapping it hard enough for that “magic knot” to pop out.

Nice gumball!
I just learned tower to ping pong and I do ok as long as it doesn’t start tilting during the ping.

Also, I just skinned a gerbil!!

I’m pretty excited about that since it managed to elude me for a while.

Started trying trapeze to index finger grind back to trapeze last night. Never tried grinds before. Started landing them today, and man that was fun. I still don’t complete it ever time, as I’m having trouble with binds out of a breakaway/sidestyle still, but I imagine that’ll come. Only started with binds and unresponsive yoyo really about a week ago, so its all new to me.

Can’t get my responsive drifter to spin on my finger though since its bare shiny metal on the outside, and not anodized and smooth like my pyro.

Anyway, these two yoyos are letting me learn a lot this week, in two different styles, after about 10 years of not knowing anything beyond Double or Nothing.

Feels good, and reminds me why I was fascinated with my first Imperial in ~1988 8)

Got my first bottle of lube in the mail, juiced up the drifter, and now its fast enough to grind smile, even with its more frictiony finish. Yay technology!

waah, that doesn’t make sense… lol

I finally, finally landed Spirit Bomb, twice now within the 15 minutes I’ve been home!

1 Like

Kwijibo after working on it for what feels like forever. Still need to work on consistently hitting the double or nothing clean (about half the time I pop onto 2 strings), but, now I’m hitting it.

Ok, an update to it: I “pseudo” landed it but still looked pretty cool nonetheless. I reviewed my video in slow motion as everything literally happened so fast, to see if I actually made it through the triangle. A tell tale sign that I didn’t was having that extra wrap. I landed in such a way that Spirit Bomb could be a repeater :slight_smile:

Full trick:
https://instagram.com/p/3aDDAbEBi9/

Slow mo of the second hop:
https://instagram.com/p/3aIOmGkBri/

Went back to 4A this week.
Fingerspins are consistent. Binding from it isnt though. Go Big without lateral caps is still fine though
Theres just something satisfying when i land Got My Swagga Back without a glove (pretty frickin hard)
Working on actually getting tricks on here consistent. Ive landed all the tricks here atleast once, didnt wokk on consistency and only to complete that part of the site. Now i want to actually get good at 4A. :smiley: