The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

I don’t know what this trick is called, but I like it.

I finally got a snap start strong enough to bind completely the yoyo, I’m never winding up again :smiley: :smiley:

How could I not try to learn Mach 5 earlier? It’s so easy!

Phew, after ~9-10 months of throwing, I finally landed the 2nd part of And Whut (the jump rope part) and Rejection Whip. Not consistently, but at least I can land them now.

I remember I couldn’t figure out that part of And Whut even with multiple videos, I had to learn it from a friend of mine who has been throwing longer than I’ve been alive.

And I finally figured out reverse Brent Stole today after learning RIB Stole almost a year ago and regular Brent Stole before that.

Ed Haponik’s “Love and Peace”.

Finger spins and Banana Turnover!

I can fingerspin and do like 2 fingerspin hops on a dv888 :smiley:

horizontal 720 laceration: slap bind and reverse sky bind

Alex Gallimore’s Rejection to Tower…finally!  :smiley:

This looks really cool! Could you post the video you learned it from or maybe a tutorial?

do you need a front throw for this?
Also, if you switch places between the string tied to TH middle, and the string over TH index (so that the former is now in front of the latter), and still land on the back string (ie the one over TH index), you get an iwasawa tower instead of this unstable one.

thx for inspiring insight of iwasawa tower’s mechanism

Dunno if Janos already had a name for this, but I’d call it ‘prefab iwasawa tower’

1 Like

I need to ask Alex if it is okay with him if I teach his trick. If he gives me the go-ahead then I’ll try to make a tutorial. The same day I recorded the front view I caught it on camera from the overhead angle as well, so even if I don’t get to a full blown tutorial I can get up a slow motion overhead view to give you a better idea what is going on.

Here’s Alex’s submission on instagram: http://instagram.com/p/yA3WUeMC4N

I am not too sure what you are saying here, but I’ll try to explain how I’m doing it and maybe that will help clarify?

I’m doing a front throw and have the string attached to the base of my TH index/pointer finger, copying Alex exactly. I am actually landing on the back string already. The string that is rejected ends up behind the back string that I land the yoyo on. When I land on the rejected string, it does not make a tower, but rather a fake GT if I remember correctly.

Are you saying to put the string back on the middle finger, and then land on that back string to land in a different tower?

Sweet! You really need a better camera so I can see more of your yoyoing!

Just tried switching the string to my middle finger instead, and the trick works the same either way. So I’m still not really sure what you mean.

got that riccardo trick where the string rejects and comes wiggling up like a worm.

can we get a video please?

heres the tutorial:

1 Like

finally learned 1a regens!!! i don’t know why but they took me forever to learn!

I finally landed suicide!!!