The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

the ‘coming next’ part

Just landed a triple kickflip on my Proyo!

Able to do Split The Atom after hours of countless flaws and failures! Woohoo, this is the third trick I’ve learned after Binding and Brain Twister.

Learning these tricks takes time and fun so keep up the good work. I look forward to you passing ( not that I am that good) my meager abilities real soon.

1 Like

After months trying I got the boingy-boings movement and rythm right. This has been the most difficult easy trick ever. Now lets conquer seasick and rock the boat !

Kwijibo! This combo looks SOO cool!! Yes I’m a NOOB. Getting the hang of boing e boing as well after a few weeks of throwing!!

This really cool suicide thing I will have to male a video it’s hard to explain.

petr’s follow to hook…

2:04

Landed this a few days ago
Plus these

Working on this now:

I really need to make my first yoyo video haha who wants to buy me a gopro for free XD

Try this
1:14

Wooohoo! I am finally making most of my catches on Double Or Nothing. After countless of hours of play within 3 days, I am finally able to nail it! The Matrix… I am eyeing you now!

1 Like

You guys seriously mystify me…
How the balls do you figure out these tricks from just watching the performance vid…
Like, rly

coldfusion on a No-Jive, but the triple kickfilp was the best.

BTW, 200th post?

So the twirly slack thing? This is gonna take a while haha

I think I made this up on my own
I dont think anyone else has done this before (in a vid anyway, someone probably knows how to do this without recording it) but Instant Iwasawa Tower from a throw.
Do an instant double or nothing except the TH string goes over the wrist. Land yoyo in middle string. drop string from TH hand. Boom.

YouTube’s slomo feature on some vids really help us understand what happens in a laceration trick, or any trick for that matter. If the slomo isnt there, some of us download the vid while others like me can figure it out (after trying the trick over and over again) when its still at full speed, its hard to explain.
Also, I’m of full Filipino descent. I’m Asian, thats how JK

Im 100% Japanese tho…

Just got my double green triangle down! Oh and also learned how to do pinwheels! :smiley:

Today I finally got magic drops. Since the middle of december they have been annoying me. I have them down consistent now, was a real annoying one for me!

Total noob post, but I’m finally getting the trapeze 7/10 times consistently after about 1.5 weeks and about 5 different tutorial videos with their own respective techniques. It figures that the yoyoexpert tutorial was the one that actually helped the most.

Still have work to do in order to land it every time, but I finally feel comfortable adding a new trick into my practice (brain twister)

Awesome! I remember when I first started, I would do trapeze (with flyaway dismount since it was a responsive yoyo) over and over. And over. And over. That was enough to keep me happy for an hour or two at night. :wink: