The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

wat is a GT tower? Any vids for ref?

GT is the initialism for Green Triangle.

I can’t tell if he meant green triangle, simply tower, or some new green triangle/tower thingamajig.

I’d also like to request video so that I can learn this too!

I’ve been doing tower GTs since my 3rd month of throwing. They’re pretty simple.

GT Tower? Do you mean something like an Iwasawa Tower formation?

Quadruple RIB Stole. I still have to hold my breath while I do it haha.

Im pretty sure GT tower if where you make a Tower then land the yoyo in the top most section. Turn it on its side and swing the yoyo on the the bottom string of that section.

Maybe the Tower it GT is different from GT tower. idk

I landed my first full kamikaze last night. I was pretty excited haha.

Quintuple Brent Stole. Now I have to get a Quintuple RIB Stole to make it equal again :stuck_out_tongue:

A limp, sputtering Protrusion. But it boinged in and out of the formation, so I’mma call it “landed”. Now to make it look like something other than a piece of crap. :wink:

That banger where you throw it horizontal behind your back and then fingerspin hop between your legs, working your way back to your throw hand and then fingerspin binding. I’ve done it like almost 10x now ;D

Thanks again Logi for the vid!

That’s a fun trick. Recently cut my nails so I can’t really do it ATM but it’s a cool trick

Already got Protrusion up to a “starting point of acceptability” level! Woot! Had one of those breakthrough moments talked about in another thread recently.

I’ve never quite known exactly what protrusion is. I know it’s basically chopstick boingys. What pattern are you following?

Yeah that’s a cool trick. I have a slight variation. Just start behind your back and then hop it through your legs not fingerspinning, but when in front hop it up onto your finger; it’s easier but you can do a combo behind the back horizontal that way.

So I’m a novice so this is nbd to prob 99.9% of you but I just landed a UFO on my 3rd or 4th attempt. Can’t believe how easy that is and looks so cool.

Stoked.

Congrats! You have taken it to a whole…nutha…level. ;D

Can’t speak for Greg, but my pattern goes like this usually: Boing above chops → boing through chops → boing under chops and reverse steps back to start point, and repeat in the opposite direction.

I started 5A a while ago, gave up, and now I’m starting again. I finally got 5A Double or Nothing after accidentally landing about 200 5A Houdini Mounts (I guess I landed 2 new tricks today). The twist with the NTH index finger is what was killing me that whole time. I had to watch Miggy’s tutorial where he showed it in slow motion, while I had youtube set to 0.25 speed.

Yup, this. I consider this to be the “landed it” pattern; the rest are just flourishes because they’re pretty easy. Once your accuracy is down (which mine still is NOT yet), the hard/uncomfortable boing compared to over/under is going from the bottom boing “forward” through the chops and then “backwards” back over the thumb. I can’t do it smooth unless I’m super-deliberate about it. When I try to go full speed I can’t quite get it to be effortless yet. But I’m getting there. Was pretty much the only trick I practiced this weekend.

I’m not a fan of 5a like a lot of people that play 1a are. I can do the basic tricks but the style just doesn’t seem appealing to me.

Now 3a, that’s pretty fun stuff, soo hard though… But I’m slowly improving…

I like to believe that if I can be descent at 5a, I can become like Takeshi Matsuura in 1a…