The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

AG: your NTH forefinger needs to be on the throwhand side of that intersection of strings. Then the triangle will be “frozen” in place and it will be huge!

As for me…

Landed Rojas’ “Infinity” as a repeater (3 reps) finally. I’m finding it really hard to do smoothly. Then you look at Rojas do it and you’re all “Man… that guy is smoooov…” I mean, it’s not JUST that it’s his own trick. He’s just smoov.

Just landed “Magic Trick,” a pretty simple trick that looks like you’re going to end up in a massive tangle/knot…but end in a trapeze, using the wrist mount. Took about 5 minutes to get land the first one, now just need to smooth it out. Hardest part is swinging that yoyo around and back onto the string from behind. The rest is…well, magic!

Dude, commit this trick to memory because it will be the favourite trick you show to Yuggles. You can get the “audience member” to blow at the strings or clap their hands in unison with you. They will be fine with Spirit Bomb… maybe even a little impressed. But they will LOVE Magic Trick.

Magic trick definitely looks like one of those “Audience” tricks for sure! Once I can get it smoothed out, it should look pretty impressive, even for the younger set who would be confused by complex string tricks, spirit bomb included.

Update: Here’s a quick clip of me doing a near perfect run on it…I can watch this loop forever :slight_smile:
https://instagram.com/p/3fp5WPkBj_/

Revolutions landing back into one and a half mount. Looks sooooooooooooooooo freakin good

I’ve been working on Magic Trick since Friday. I must be a bit of a klutz because my 10 year old watched the video, worked it for about 5 minutes and is doing it clean…me not so much:)

But, I’m having fun!

Sketchy, but I’ve been landing Spirit Bomb over the past few days now. Still working on that triangle but finding a slightly longer string really helps. Not so long that I have no control of any other trick but long enough to give me room to work with.

I now need to clean up that dismount. I get how it works, just need to execute it. I may even practice dismounting the wrist mount by itself as that can be done independently.

If your triangle doesn’t go all the way from your NTH (the tip touching your NTH forefinger) to your throwhand, there’s still something about the shape that needs fixing. Then you won’t have to worry about string length.

I guess not from what I’ve read now (this was the first lube job I ever did), but, it sure seemed to spin better with it lubed a little. Maybe just coincidence. That chrome finish still isn’t great for it, however. Got a OneDrop in the mail last week, and that bad mother grinds twice as long.

Drifter isn’t seeing as much play time this week. :wink:

Spirit Bomb…only getting better! Now actually getting a mid-sized throw to go right through that triangle. Trick to it, seeing that that second pop straight up really helps open things up. Next step is to make sure I land on the string, followed by being able to cleanly dismount.

Without really trying, managed to do a bounce catch with my YYF Flight. It was more of saving the yoyo after it missed the initial toss catch.

Cold fusion.

I had an epiphany. Finally landed my first Brent Stole.

I did it. I found my ideal magic drop angle. I can now do it 3 out of 5 times. Finally I can start working on kamikaze! ;D

BRENT SOLE!!!

Ladder Escape! Hardest part for me was figuring out the mount.

I should relearn this trick just for the heck of it.

Do it! Such a weird awkward trick.

Ninja vanish long two weeks

Magic Trick! I’m still not consistent, the second hop gives me trouble because I overshoot.

i just started landing this trick more consistently by hopping it up as high as possible without pulling the strings away until it reaches its peak. Seems to make a bigger triangle.