The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

I can now shoot the moon 10+ times on a raider. maybe is time to go unresponsive

0:56

Little variation on Triple Magic that I made this morning.

Lord of the flies variation and ALMOST Spencer Berry’s Enigma. Just need to figure out the dismount into trapeze.

Finally have a Pacman trick in my repertoire.

I finally landed the yoyo on the right spot to pop a blood vessel! ;D

Bass Line crash crash.
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/718x538q90/673/TTzbcL.jpg

I can finally land in something 8/10 times when attempting a behind the back RIB, after developing a more reliable techniq of dodging the whipped string with my wrist or thigh.
However, I still only land a proper inverted triangle about half the time. In the remaining half, I land in red triangles, twisted inverted triangles and even uninverted triangles.

Getting a kick out of adding new tricks that once would have been nearly impossible but are now a few minutes of practice. Most recent one was President’s Bind. As it turns out, I don’t love the feeling of the “unwinding into the bind” but the first moves are still “new feeling” to me… I don’t have any other tricks that do those. So on the whole, a fun trick to do!

Reverse inverted green triangle 720 suicide. Had a combo involving a inverted gt suicide for a long time but just felt that a reverse one would make use of the momentum better.

That’s the good stuff right there!

Came up/ discovered a pretty cool slack GT coming off of a yuuki slack type movement.

Branding and jade whip! I’m feeling pretty good right now!

Branding! Rough as all get-out… but landed nonetheless!

after throwing it for the last month and a half, I FINALLY have Tyler S’s “I be a Minute GT” on lockdown. BOOM.

Now that you’ve got it on lock the “proper” way… try doing it off a front throw. Reward your efforts by allowing yourself to do it the easier way. :wink: Hardly any accidental snags/binds off the front throw.

?
I just tried it and wasnt met with any snag, unless you count those cases when you failed to let the loop open properly to begin with on the initial mount.

Not sure why I’m getting called out for something I know to be true. :wink: I’m glad your technique is great, but it’s not really about the loop. It’s about your position on the cross-segment when you land. If you’re not right in the middle, when you “give” a bit during the landing or right before the flips, you can easily feed the loop (even a proper nice open one) into the gap.

On the front throw, for whatever reason on an imperfect landing the spin direction causes the loop to not be fed into the gap but to be “rejected” (not in the true yoyo “rejection” sense of the word) away so it doesn’t get sucked up and just stays dangling.

In which exact step did you encounter said snag? During the sling or at the final unwind to GT?

Maybe this is a matter of semantics? Not “snag” so much as the loop feeding into the gap, depositing a big unwieldly mess that causes the yoyo to die.

I already explained when it happens…! Seriously. I don’t know “why” exactly because I’m sure you’re not intending to be confrontational or anything (on the contrary, you’re super friendly and helpful around here) but I have to admit, having to explain this is getting under my skin.

If the string winds up right into the initial mount you could always raise either of your hands to let it roll off. If the yoyo binds up in the end because the GT cant open wide enough, after rechecking the tut video frame by frame, I think it s probably because u r doing the underpass too early. The GT is pulled open by a momentum to the left, so the underpass should happen after the yoyo has passed the lowest point.