The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

lol yeah as soon as I got into the last green triangle part I just pop it up and tug it back ;D

got a few good double or nothing and drop in the bucket last night.

gw

Spirt bomb I guess I never got around to the trick cause it’s easy.

Tell that to a beginner!

Or me 2 months ago :stuck_out_tongue:

The very first (I think) double double dragon trick ever (that was landed?) I’m probably wrong about that but you never know… :o

There is a really indescribable feeling of accomplishment when you start landing 3A Assisted Suicides…

Came back to the tutorials since after 5-7 months i stopped learning and just made my own stuff… I look at White Buddha and see that it was actually 1 of my combos… It was pretty awesome and weird lol… (I’m at 11 months yoyoing now, only ladder escape and superman left for the actual YYE tutorials, I’ll probably get back to them later haha feeling lazy learning)

4A Behind-The-Back Whips were pretty easy. I “fixed” my Go Big by taking out the cruddy plastic caged bearing, put a SPEC Bearing (I dont have anymore narrow bearings or speed bearings so yeah…), buddha pads, and a fresh kitty string on it (yes it works i can do open string bind and stuff), got through everything on the basic and intermediate tuts here by Ben Conde (except the boiny boing and variations, grind whip, hop the fence regen, behind the back orbits, and shoot the moon regen)in about 3 days…

I’ll come back to 5A whenever I feel like it, probably gonna buy a counterweight set for some basic normal 5A and DD (Double Dice).

Brent Stoooooolllleee :slight_smile:
Learned that in a day, hitting it pretty consistently now, though it’s far from perfect.
How do I get a bigger triangle?

After 2 painful years i think i may have just landed Ladder Escape…

Yotricks?

Finally landed Seasick! I haven’t been “at it” that hard, but I’ve sort of poked at it on and off for over half a year. Tonight I finally figured, “the moves aren’t hard. I’m just going to land it.” And then I did!

Amplitude needs improving, but I did a proper “NTH goes higher than the TH” version and kept it smooth for 5 reps before I missed a string (not saying there weren’t other failed attempts both before and after!). So I consider that “landed”!

Seasick is a fun trick. I use it in every combo I can

Can’t wait to get better at it. I think I need to film myself from the side in order to guage where I need to improve. It’s so hard to tell!

I just landed kwijibow :smiley: ;D

Last night I got 6 or 7 finger spins with the whip bind thingy, most the time I can’t do it for some reason. I’ve decided I’m not going to look at any tutorials for horizontal play, and so far it’s going alright ;D

Your throwhand should come way closer to the yoyo during the whip than you would think. Makes it easier to aim and also provides enough whipping slack to catch and bind.

Yeah I also found that as I pull my hand away it needs to be kind of a sharpish motion I guess? In my mind the same kind of thing I do for brent stole, not super fast but kind of ‘snap’ it away from the yoyo. Bad at words, better at throwing!

There is a whipping motion for sure. The “snapping away” is what allows the slack to start going around the axle. I definitely don’t do it super fast, either. Confident but calm. :wink:

My shoulder was killing me from throwing sideways last night and I was going to take the day off today, but alas, you have inspired me to master it today!

Funky giraffe ;D I find it a big feat for me it took me 2 days to learn as well as a very tricky trick lots of small elements.

Pajama Man on a fixed axle!!!

Ok this time I’m kidding ;D