The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

I’m practicing the hidemasa hook right now because I’m horrible at slacks in general, and because I need to learn more slack tricks. Anyways, as i was practicing the hook, I just landed a Brent Stole by accident! Lol!

Edit: 2 times in a row on accident 20 seconds after postig this! I am so lucky :smiley:

Some sorta 360 Red Triangle combo that I did

Red triangle 360 Suicide to double green triangle.

Could I quote repeater a little more… Maybe I should start proof reading my posts.

I can sorta do 5a Advanced Repating Stall now. So fun!

I learned this awesome trick

made up a trick from bucket mount. pop out of the bucket, do some other stuff, eventually land in some mount. Do a revolutions type thing but only once, then drop the string from your thumb and spin it around. then cross your arms and pull out the knot. I’ll try to post a video

Hook, and whut, and wrist mount boingy. Today’s been a good day ;D

Nothing fantastic, but I finally figured out the front mount/bind. :slight_smile: I’m still working on the side mount.

My pop n’ fresh is getting pretty good and boingy boingy is getting amazing. ;D

I did a cold fushion (I hope I did it right any way) into kwijibo a couple of days ago, which was great until I realized that I can’t get out of kwijibo yet. :-\

One of my favorites right now.
I think I got magic drop finally! For those of you that have it down; you can ‘feel’ it right? Like feel the string reject and land back onto your hand, right?

Prepare to laugh at the new old guy… :slight_smile:

I finally understand the front mount and front bind… I didn’t get the fact that you pull your throwing hand up to get the Yoyo to flip around your finger… simple things are sometimes the hardest!

Anyways - I finally can do a front mount and front bind every time (well, 99% anyways), and I believe front flips as well… having trouble keeping front v.s. back straight for some reason. I know - total noob! Its fun, but I won’t be throwing in public for quite a while at this rate!

Sounds like you’re doing great, Escher. (from one older guy to the next)

Yeah, you can feel it. Depending on your yoyo, it can reject that string harder or softer. With some of my throws, I can barely make MD work sometimes… With others (cough cascade) that string sometimes gets kicked out hard enough to jump a couple of my throw hand knuckles and end up going across the back of that hand!

1 Like

Just learning a few basics at my current skill level. I’m consistent at Laceration, 1.5 slack, and basic Green Triangle. Heck, I kinda enjoy comboing those one after another. Also, finally really consistent at Magic Drop. Love Kamikaze, getting smooth at Shockwave. Also finally mostly consistent on Triangulation. Not a huge fan as an independent trick, but I love some of the moves from a tech standpoint.

:smiley: Yesterday, I learned brain twister and the zipper and can land it almost every time! A few hours before I met Sam and Brian at the Duncan kiosk, all I could do was front mount/bind.

I’m currently working on the mount for mach 5.

17 Consecutive chopsticks :slight_smile:

:smiley: I got it! I got Mach 5!

Congrats :smiley:

1 Like

i landed the kamekaze this morning :smiley: