Where to buy yoyos locally USA retail outlets (real store) only

Being pretty picky but northern sky toys in maine no longer exists.
Dick’s sporting goods if it has not been said has some decent yyf stuff.

there is one in washington DC, they carry Yomega (I got mine Ooch at that store.)

Sullivan’s Toy & Art Supplies
4200 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20016

The Toy Store in Lawrence, KS (and in Topeka, KS, too) carries YoyoFactory (FAST 201, ONE, Replay, ProtoStar, and others) and Duncan (Hayubasa, Freehand, Vintage Wood Fixed Axle, and others), as well as Sweets Kendamas and loads of other fun stuff.
They’ve also got a weekly Skill Toy workshop at the Lawrence, KS location that’s worth checking out. Give 'em a call to ask about times, dates, etc.

Oh, also, there’s a super rad skill toy shop in Shawnee, KS called GO BIG! Skill Toys that is most definitely worth making a 3+ hour drive to! They’ve easily got the biggest selection in the area and they also have tons of weekly workshops and also monthly contests.

Get out there and support your local yo-yo community!

Hello! Can I update Oklahoma with two more spots I have discovered? The Toys R Us just of i-35 in Norman has yoyo’s now. I found they have Duncans, Yomegas, and some brand called pocket pros. They have some metals like the Metal drifter and the Maverick. The Hobby Town USA on Main St. in Norman by Hastings also has Yoyo’s. Mostly Duncan and Yomega plastics.

i bought at
Wasington State
Everett, WA - Big 5 on Everett Mall Way.
Older Duncan line, speed beetle, and fh2.
Various Yomega’s.
(jimmyxtango - Dec 08, 2004)

Please add our shop to Missouri’s list

HOBBY TOWN USA
900 E Battlefield Ave
Springfield MO 65807

Some Duncan, alot of Yomega and a crap ton YYF at the moment.

1 Like

They don’t have much (mostly yomega 2a stuff, yoyojam plastic, and couple others), but it’s still something! :slight_smile:
HOBBY TOWN USA
2204 Kimball Ave.
Waterloo, IA

1 Like

Now that this topic is almost a decade :warning: old I am not sure if brick and mortar entries from 7-10 years ago are likely to be valid. I think @jhb8426 had some excellent general advice in his first reply:

A few general guidelines for finding a store in your area: Depending on where you live, try

• upscale toy or game stores in the malls in your area

• specialty stores that cater to frisbee golf, kites, juggling, or magic supplies etc

• some hobby/craft stores also carry them

National chains like Walmart and Target are now known to stock YYF, and Duncan lines at some locations.

As always, :phone: call before you go to make sure that they are still in business, or have what you are looking for.

So, rather than the herculean task of maintaining a directory of all brick and mortar stores (in the world? in canada? in the us?) that carry yo-yos, I think it may be better to refine the above strategies for figuring out where yo-yos are likely to be in your area, and always, always calling first.

I also made the directory post a wiki so users at trust level 1 and higher (read: users who hung around and spent some time reading topics after signing up) can edit it.

If you know of a store that carries yo-yos near you, and is not part of a larger national chain that is already known to carry yo-yos feel free to edit the directory post.

Major :clap::clap::clap::clap: to @jhb8426 for carrying this forward for almost a decade and keeping it up to date.

Mine do the sell Duncan butterflyes,imperials, and butterfly DX

1 Like

Their is a Duncan stand at Disney springs near the Star Wars store where you can build a lightsaber, they have fron cheap to premium yoyos

4 Likes

The duncan cart also has cool yo-yoers running it!

1 Like

Us, looking forward to next time I go to it, the first time I did not have a Yoyo with me lol

1 Like

“Ya”

Yoyo Loco is outstanding! Love this place. I bought my first metal Yoyo here!

3 Likes

Is there any known local retailer that sells yoyos in Portugal or Spain? I live in Portugal and all the yoyos that i get are bought from online stores, which is bad in some cases😓. Thanks in advance

3 Likes

La Tienda del yoyo is in Spain! Giant selection.

Calle Urca, 14, 28220 Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain

3 Likes