how do i wind the spin top up?

i feel stupid for asking but i really dont know how do u wind it up and how do i throw it like upisde down or what?

I don’t recommend his hold, but everything else in that video is good advice, especially keeping your arm straight. I’ve seen several people hold the top with the tip in the web of their thumb… in general they have a difficult time adapting to different tops. Hold your hand higher than the guy on that video does, an the tip should be pointing up, like this:

The guy in the video is left handed are you Yoryan?

He winds the top opposite of the way a right hander winds it…

Here is another video…Showing right handed winding somewhere around 2:46 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvD9-t0W6xs

Good luck…let us know how you make out.

I agree with Neff, but I have one other point . Notice that when he lets go of the top his arm stops. In all other sports they tell you it’s all in the follow through, but with tops there can be no follow through. You stop your arm when you let go of the top, or you will get slack in the string. (that’s bad) Sometimes you see people actually pulling back a little on the string, but for now just keep your arm straight, and stop it as you let go of the top.

Have Fun,
Java

but ryan is left handed would u wind it the same?

If Ryan is left handed he should wind it as shown in the video Mitch posted, and follow the recommendation yophosis (Chris Neff) had regarding the hold.